PDA

View Full Version : $35 intake, temp reading???

snow_man_20
01-17-2005, 07:45 AM
i bought a injen intake with filter from a u-pull it yard (looking for se-i's) for $35 and it fits really good and looks hardly used, i don't know what car it was off of but it's in almost new condition after a good dusting. They said they have had it for a year or so. It was under alot of stock stereos with just the intake connector sticking out on the top shelf. i just got it installed and love the new power and sound, just the sound difference alone was worth the $35 even with stock exhaust. Anyway it has 2 vaccume ports (coverd one) and a temp sensor thats removable. I plugged that hole for now but i was wondering if i could hook that sencer up and get a temp reading.

2drSE-i
01-18-2005, 11:24 AM
I plugged that hole for now but i was wondering if i could hook that sencer up and get a temp reading.

sensor :P
But yea, sure u can! When theres a will theres a way, just get a thermostat and a custom gauge, and go nuts. I think its alot more work than most would probably be willing to invest just to read the temperature of incoming air, but i would love one just for looks, haha i know :rice: :rice: :rice:
I say go for it!

..now i have to go to a u-pull it yard lol...

snow_man_20
01-18-2005, 05:53 PM
funny