PDA

View Full Version : pendejo window update

AccordNut
01-17-2005, 03:18 PM
just replaced the little control box this weekend and my window works now...woohoo. but when i rolled it up and down a few times it popped off the track and it took me a few hours to figure out how to get it back on, haha...now i gotta lubricate the tracks and im good.

hondamanlxi
01-18-2005, 12:03 AM
mine just got the same thing done to it... you know whats wierd? I dont recall hearing anything about those black boxes going bad in the 2yrs ive been here. In the last month theres been 4 or 5 threads about it:)

pendejo
01-18-2005, 02:05 AM
Thanks for the update, I'm gonna try and pick one up now for sure. Appreciate the update.

pendejo
01-18-2005, 09:25 PM
Sweet, just bought one off Ebay for $10 shipped! I also am positive that this is the culprit, I jumped the wires from my door light to the window and it rolled up and down, but I do have a question for you smart guys. When the window gets about 1/2 inch from completely up, I have to push up the window by hand then finish rolling it up normally for it to "seat" properly int he full upright position(does that make sense).

Immeraufdemhund
01-18-2005, 09:33 PM
yah, the motor can only push so much. try lubeing it up good with some graphite or something.

pendejo
01-18-2005, 09:42 PM
I sprayed a shitload of Prestone Silicone spray on the tracks. Also, I forgot to mention that th window looks like it is pushed out about a 1/4 inch when it is rolling up, any idea's?

AccordNut
01-19-2005, 06:43 AM
when i took out the motor i found out how crappy that thing really is, its real flimsy...make sure everything is screwed in tightly maybe thats why its sticking out? i lubed up my tracks yesterday and rolled it up and down a few times and it looked like it was trying to pop off again so i stopped. plus its freakin 20 degrees out so i said screw it...damn cold!!!!!

Mattphi
01-19-2005, 08:41 AM
My Power Window Control Box shitted out on me too. Whenever i pushed the button to go down, you could hear a little clicking sound inside the box but nothing moved. is that what happend with yours? It would go up fine tho. Anyways i scalped 2 from the junkyard but havent put them in yet.

pendejo
01-19-2005, 09:16 AM
Mattphi, yes that is exactly the sound I heard too. I went to the J/Y yesterday looking for one. After I about punch the owner in the face for being a fucking ass and overpricing parts, I got to ride around in some POS Subaru wagon for 10 minutes with some crazy guy looking for the "Accord Pile", then sinking in mud up to my ankles while wearing shorts just to find out they didn't even have one! I was pissed. I really hate that yard, although they did have a nice B series just sitting on the floor in the shop, and the damn thing almost looked like it would bolt right up(I know I know, it won't). I was dissapointed though, there was a 4G around here that I used to like, and that's what inspired me to get my car, but I hadn't seen it in awhile. Found it stripped in the yard, I was almost sad. Wow, way off topic...

Immeraufdemhund
01-19-2005, 05:40 PM
plus its freakin 20 degrees out so i said screw it...damn cold!!!!!
i wish it would warm up to 20F around here. past couple of days has been about -40F (with wind but still -20 is still freaking cold.) although it is 9 right now...bummer it feels like 1.

my 91 accord is having switch problems too. course it could have something to do with the window being open for 2 years out in the open snow and rain.

Mattphi
01-20-2005, 03:44 PM
Ok sO I put the new Power Window Control Box in today and it worked....so Pendejo that is more than likely what your problem is

pendejo
01-21-2005, 01:52 AM
Yea yeht, now I just gotta get the box(shipped out today) and figure out how to get the window completely on track, and I'm set.

pendejo
01-24-2005, 10:05 PM
YEaaahhhh. My window works now. I do have one question, my window automatically rolls down all the way, unless I hit the switch to the "up" position to stop it. Could this possibly be because the box was out of a 4 door? I noticed there is an extra prong on one of the terminals on the new box that my old one didn't have.

AccordNut
01-25-2005, 04:34 AM
nah thats not a 4-door thing, i thought all lxi's had that option. the window will automatically go down with one touch, but if you just move the switch down slightly it will go down until you release the switch

glad you got it working! now you can go to burger king and mcdonalds drive thru....haha

snow_man_20
01-25-2005, 05:37 AM
lol, that cracks me up, man it's going to suck if my windows stop working, sometimes the one touch feature don't work on my window, i hope it's not going bad!

pendejo
01-25-2005, 11:15 AM
nah thats not a 4-door thing, i thought all lxi's had that option. the window will automatically go down with one touch, but if you just move the switch down slightly it will go down until you release the switch

glad you got it working! now you can go to burger king and mcdonalds drive thru....haha

Yuck, no BK or McDonalds for me :barf: , but Subway and Wendy's are fair game:)
Funny thing though, I put in my new box at about 11:00, and decided I would go to McDonalds just to see how it felt to order with my window down, instead of opening the door and pissing the kid off at the window;)

snow_man, I would Ebay a new box for your car now, that way you can just pop it in when it does go bad, which is pretty much inevitable it seems!