PDA

View Full Version : Has this been documented or is it not possible?

Miragetbo1997cc
05-04-2002, 11:47 AM
:pimp: Has the B20 prelude swap been done or documented online ?I here its possilbe but its a pain.I have ALOT of prelude stuff minus the hydro clutch setup but will it work?

carotman
05-04-2002, 01:58 PM
too much trouble I think.

You need to do your OWN engine mounts and wiring.

The B20A is not a bolt on swap

RobT5580
05-05-2002, 06:06 PM
well awhile back there was a post from someone at placeracing. They did all of the swap and they ran into trouble converting it to a hydralic clutch because the prelude uses hydralic not cable and they never finished it. They did have to cut the frame or chassis to fit it in too. I would say that if they stopped the swap then it was definately a pain to finish so i dont think it would be wise.

Miragetbo1997cc
05-05-2002, 06:38 PM
Damn,Damn,Damn,Let's see here.for what I got in this swap I could have gotta B16 at least.I heard it was a pain but damn :wtf: ,Its sad to say I goofed but I'm going to give place racing a call I'd hafe to here it from them hat this aint going to work:wtf:

toastyghost
05-26-2002, 02:11 PM
The CR-Vtec cultists seem to think the Prelude Si was the worst engine Honda ever created. Something mathematical they did to find some ratio that takes into account horsepower per bore or stroke length or some other such horseshit... Plus valve float. It would definitely be expensive to fabricate everything you would need for it and in the end it's not that great an engine anyway. I'll post a link to the article where I read about the ratio thing they did (if I can find the thing), I forget where it was.

MoonScryer
05-26-2002, 05:26 PM
OK, ummm, let me read your reply right...you ALREADY started the conversion to a Prelude B20???