PDA

View Full Version : idle problem

AccordNut
01-18-2005, 11:14 AM
this morning my car was idling unusually high after i started it up, and after it ran for a little bit it would jump from 1600rpm to 2000 rpm back and forth, back and forth....i sat there and watched it do this for a few minutes until the engine got warm and even still it was idling around 950-1000 when it usually idles around 750 when warm. I recently sprayed some throttle body cleaner straight into the intake manifold (thinking it might eat up some of the gunk). I also changed the oil and put some of that dura lube additive stuff in the engine and fuel system. Ive already gone through a full tank since then and my gas mileage took a drop :( did i mess up by spraying that stuff directly into the intake manifold?

phoenxislayer15
01-18-2005, 02:24 PM
Check your ECU see if you got a code like I did, sounds like my EGR sys. problem.

rjudgey
01-18-2005, 03:22 PM
try this i've been having the same problem, try disconnecting the connector that goes onto the air temp sensor on the inlet manifold, it's above the injection fuel rail on the number one cylinder inlet manifold runner, little green plus, the sensor is made from black plastic and has two screws holding it in place. I found that if you un plug it the ecu throws an error and runs on a default setting and with mine the car suddenly ran perfect? Not sure if the sensor is faulty as i haven't changed it for a new one yet.

AccordNut
01-26-2005, 03:54 PM
did you unplug it while the engine was running? or did you unplug it then cut the engine on....

i just unplugged it with the engine off and put it back in, i guess ill find out how it does tomorrow when i start it cold

NXRacer
01-26-2005, 04:11 PM
before you start unplugging things, check your ECU to see if its throwing any codes.

a bad/disconnected MAP sensor is usually the culpret for a pulsing idle.

AccordNut
01-26-2005, 04:21 PM
nah i havent been gettin any codes, but the connector did come off pretty easy...it only idle's weird for that one morning, other than that it was cool but it still idled a lil high after that every now and then