PDA

View Full Version : Easy Fix!

BlueBead
01-18-2005, 03:21 PM
My rear defogger hasn't been working :huh: so after checking the fuses and finding them to be fine I decided it was the relay. After finding where the relay was located(thanks to the search function) :bowrofl: I took the one out of my parts car and went to pull the one from my driver.. -turns out the damned thing was loose (like 1cm out of the socket) so I pushed it back in and tested the system.. whadya know... it works... :thumbup:
So moral of this story is check your relay for looseness if your defroster/defogger isn't working. I guess that holds true for all electrical connections... :pc:

EricW
01-18-2005, 07:41 PM
well at least it is that easy for you. Unfortunatly when the tint was removed from my rear window they used a razor blade :slap: and also said good by to most the defroster on the window. So I now have a bunch of lines with no function on my back window, because every single one of them has some part scraped off.

Immeraufdemhund
01-18-2005, 09:36 PM
i had the same problem wiht my hatch... my mom's friend when she owned the car had stickers in the window, so when i went through to clean it up you'll never guess my tool....well maybe you can...Damn i wish i would have put 1 and 1 together... hmm bumps on window by electric lines... sharp blade........hmmm.. Dowbt!

BlueBead
01-19-2005, 01:28 AM
Damn.. that sux... did you scrape off too much of the lines to fix'em? I got a kit to repaint the lines for like $8, so I'll be doing that sometime this spring before I get the tint done.
If I had known how easy it was going to be I'd have done this months ago... but then, its hard to be motivated when its either over a foot of snow, or raining an inch every two hours like its been all of this year (so far). Yeah, so I guess i need to get off my ass more often.. thats why I'm going to completely strip the parts car in the next couplea weeks and start my own personal pre-pulled parts shed.. then get rid of the parts car's rusting carcass.

Immeraufdemhund
01-19-2005, 05:44 PM
i dont know if i did or not, never really cared much to ever get them fixed cause i was in Tennessee at the time. When i moved to Minnesota i got a new car before winter. though i would imagine i could get it fixed...