PDA

View Full Version : how do you say makeshift, ghetto-rig-a-mortis? look here.

motoracer
01-18-2005, 08:31 PM
ahh 2nd post :rockon: !!!!

yea so, lurking this site since i bought the thing last year, and uhh, i pulled all the vacuum shit bc i felt like it, and boy oh boy the inner hack it me came out. ooh yeah. ok enuff BS

the car runs great now, even with a busted vacuum source, imaenuh, yah,uuh THERMOVALVE!
so i went to drive it and go vroom vroom and it went putt putt like wholly big farting noise. then in a golfer etiquette fashion i licked me finger and stuck it in de air to look smart to meeself...
..lo and behold my spit had froze! and i thought, WOW i need warming pads in my pants! and i thoguht HOLY JEEZUS its december what am i doing still sitting in this car for 3 months, IT was then, that i came upon the realization that , among other things that tend to hurt my head when i speak of them, my car was farting because the cold weather gave it bad gas like eating those cool triangle cheese things..anyway ithought to my other self..what is keeping me car from passing gas, and when for myself to take a lookatit myself so i took my shiney mirror(also serves as a air filter! mainly mirror) off de gas passer and den stuck the hose off de triangle thingychokey thing . and the black triangle thingy with two hoses, teed them all together and fed it to the manifld vacuum off the front right of the gas fartcarburetor passer thingy. now it doesnt go vroom vroom when theres icicles in me hair and i start it and theres no putt putt, it behaves well like chimp on sedatives and sits at 1k on startup. myself say meeself like that alot but myself think sumthing might happenlater on but it runs greeat. so how did i disconnect the black vroom vroom thingy when its still gets vacuum? ok kids that is de puzzle i leve you with bye :cool:

Chicane
01-18-2005, 08:56 PM
Was that English?

A20A1
01-18-2005, 09:10 PM
Sounds like you disabled the Choke and kick off the fast idle by directly connecting them to manifold vacuum... so now you're at 1,000 rpm.
You bypassed the thermovalves, the thermovalves are not ported into manifold vacuum... they run off of internal vacuum from #18... Anyways the carb can run like that, yes.

motoracer
01-18-2005, 10:12 PM
Was that English?
actually that was a highly encrypted latin language called franconian. apparently only true ghetto rigging gurus understand. :blah:

my choke cannot be disabled because it is closed before startup when cold so give the starter a half turn and \\\vroom/// it starts right up`. it actually seems like the choke is working properly now (slightly open when warming, then oepns up all the way) but there is abslutely no fast idle. before this mod my car would sputter and stutter worse than timmy on muscle relaxants due to barely oepn choke. if i opened choke manually it would run nice but then die if i let go of linkage it would DIE.. and the fast idle was just as annoying..more than three minutes not running and upon next startup the idle would sit at 2500 for a cigarette's worth of time ARRG! now there is no fast idle, starts right up...WHOOOPEEEEE
:rockon:

88Accord-DX
01-18-2005, 11:01 PM
I don't know where to start on any diagnosis with that highly encrypted franconian. Sounds funny though. I laughed a little. Triangle cheese puff farts & chimp on sedatives, funny.... :lol: