PDA

View Full Version : Help a guy out please(tranny question)

Mattphi
01-19-2005, 08:47 AM
Whenever i am driving my car is shifting shitty. It is an automatic. It seems like it never wants to go into the next gear. It rarely goes into 4th (which is the last gear i believe). Anyways whenever i drive it fluctuates in between gears and stuff and in result uses ALOT of gas up and rides shitty. Anyways my dad says it might be my transmission switch or something? what do u guys think? how much do these ususally run? thanks

Vanilla Sky
01-19-2005, 08:52 AM
sounds to me as if yout TV cable is out of adjustment... needs to be fixed or you may damage your transmission... you really aught to drive it over and let me fix it... cheaper than the shop :D

Mike's89AccordLX
01-19-2005, 08:52 AM
Your TV cable might need to be adjusted. And I don't know for sure but I thought there were only 3 speeds in the automatic. I could be wrong b/c I have a stick shift.

Vanilla Sky
01-19-2005, 08:54 AM
no, it's a 4 speed

Mike's89AccordLX
01-19-2005, 08:55 AM
Thanks for clarifying it. Damit you beat me to the answer. Oh well we both said the same thing so that must be his problem....

Mattphi
01-19-2005, 08:58 AM
Yea I definitly need to get out there. The only thing stopping me is my damn work giving me so many hours. Also i need to fix my window before i go on any long trips because its DAMN cold. This weekend it will be fixed and then i will get with you n let u know whats up with me commin out there.

Vanilla Sky
01-19-2005, 09:00 AM
well, we got the meet in feb, but if you wanna come down this weekend and work on your car, we could do that... like i said, since you're just on fleming island, it's only like a 45 minute ride...

NXRacer
01-19-2005, 09:06 AM
when was the last time you had the tranny serviced? sounds like you might have a dirty trans filter.

Vanilla Sky
01-19-2005, 09:10 AM
nx, you gotta remember that these transmissions have to be rebuilt to change the filter

NXRacer
01-19-2005, 09:28 AM
really?? I thought you just have to take off the bottom plate to replace them....i thought i read here somewhere that the filter was replaceable as a standard service replacement. Not some huge rebuild job. . . . . if its really that comlicated a change of fluid might help.

AccordEpicenter
01-19-2005, 09:34 AM
no the filter is not replaceable without rebuilding the tranny, you need to spit the case to get at it. So it never goes into 4th anymore? If it never goes into 4th you might have a blown 4th clutch or leaky drum