PDA

View Full Version : axles for a b series swap?

Accordtheory
01-19-2005, 03:52 PM
my entire a20 drivetrain is garbage. So, what do I have to do about the axles for the B series swap? I figure I'll make the mounts myself, but I don't know about the axles. Any of you guys know? p.s. place racing went out of business? Well, they can smoke a cock

SteveDX89
01-20-2005, 09:37 AM
Try using 91-93 Integra axles. Pull the outer CV joints off and put the Accord joints on. That's our best guess so far as to how to make them work.

Accordtheory
01-20-2005, 11:57 AM
It's that simple? p.s. I was checking out your cardomain pages. damn, it looks like you did an Insane amount of work to that car. I couldn't really tell from your pics, but doesn't the B-series have a mount on the passenger side of the tranny? What did your mount kit do with that, considering the accord engine bay isn't designed to accomodate that mount? On my friend's crx, I just welded in a mount support where it needed to be, and that's probably what I'll do with my accord, but I'm still curious about the place racing kit. thanks!

RobT5580
01-20-2005, 01:02 PM
The PR kit uses a tranny mount so they give you what is a so called bolt in mount there but really should be welded which steve did to his tranny side mount and rear mount. The problem is if you make your own mounts the engine placement has to be right for those axles to work properly. If your adement about doing a b-series swap i would find a shop to do it since you in CA or wait until someone else parts out their car.

Elijah
01-20-2005, 01:06 PM
Well another turbo a20 bites the dust. That sucks but Im not complaining just makes me more different lol

SteveDX89
01-20-2005, 02:12 PM
It's that simple? p.s. I was checking out your cardomain pages. damn, it looks like you did an Insane amount of work to that car. I couldn't really tell from your pics, but doesn't the B-series have a mount on the passenger side of the tranny? What did your mount kit do with that, considering the accord engine bay isn't designed to accomodate that mount? On my friend's crx, I just welded in a mount support where it needed to be, and that's probably what I'll do with my accord, but I'm still curious about the place racing kit. thanks!

Yes, the B has a tranny mount. The PRI kit came with a bracket that bolts to the frame using existing holes and the mount goes right in there.

Accordtheory
01-20-2005, 05:07 PM
Well, overall this looks like it won't be that big of a deal after all. RobT5580, I don't Ever hire people to work to my car. The only thing I've outsourced, so to speak, was Sean's ecm setup, and I regret that. And I know my shit bit the dust, but that's fine. Seriously, fuck a non vtec, 12 valve, 91mm stroke, 1.5:1r/s aftermarketless engine. The only cool thing about the A20 is not having to sleeve it. I would much rather boost a long rod LS with a B16 head than the old a20, and with longer rods, I probably wouldn't sleeve it until well over 400hp anyway.

RobT5580
01-20-2005, 08:04 PM
My next project will be something RWD or AWD turbo of course. I like the 89-91 BMW E30 M3 but they are around $15k and if i spend that much i might as well jump to the NSX.

It does suck not having aftermarket support but on a good note you get a lot of respect out at the track and events. I hope to push 350-400hp with my b20a but its hard to say at this point. But the A20 block is a nice turbo project if you get decent fuel management. Jonny O has a pretty sweet track car and cant complain hitting a 10.4 based on all his trial and error.

If i were in your situation i would do up another A20 because they are cheap and can hold the boost if you get a decent headgasket setup (copper with o-ring/ARP studs). It would be cheaper and if you get the block o-ringed you can run pretty high boost to make up for the crappy side of the A20

Accordtheory
01-22-2005, 02:09 PM
my next project car will probably be a 98 240SX. It will be like a miniature supra. p.s. before I do anything to my stupid crippled accord, I will probably race my friend's crx, if he's around. It has a B18B with a B16 head, type r cams, the B16 tranny, (low ass gears) i/h/e, and the "pr3" ecu. hopefully my clutch won't make my effort completely futile..

Accordtheory
01-22-2005, 11:19 PM
well, that was weak, he very slowly pulled away, but I can't press the gas down at all without encountering detonation, due to lack of an intercooler. I have to feather the gas to keep the boost around 8-9psi. (my wastegate will allow more than that). I have a liquid intercooler from a gmc syclone, once I finish welding on the new end tanks, I'll put that on, and see what it does.

SQ is the SQUAD
02-19-2005, 11:35 AM
hey rob, i got an 86 325e, it got a million miles on it but it runs great. the clutch burned out cuz i think the main seal was leaking oil, i brought a new clutch kit and started taking it apart but winter came fast and never finished it, never fully got the tranny off, will trade for some tools (welder, battery charger, saws, wall mount spring compresser, ect what ever i could ude to build a mini shop in my basement) the car was wicked fun but i need to turn my attention to the accord. 86 2 dr coupe, white clean

AccordEpicenter
02-19-2005, 12:55 PM
accordtheory did you blow your engine again? Just what did you expect trying to run 9psi unintercooled? If you think a B series will be much different longevity wise youd be mistaken. Ive seen guys with B series break liners at as low as 225whp, but seen them last to 400hp... its all in the tune.

RobT5580
02-19-2005, 03:30 PM
hey rob, i got an 86 325e, it got a million miles on it but it runs great. the clutch burned out cuz i think the main seal was leaking oil, i brought a new clutch kit and started taking it apart but winter came fast and never finished it, never fully got the tranny off, will trade for some tools (welder, battery charger, saws, wall mount spring compresser, ect what ever i could ude to build a mini shop in my basement) the car was wicked fun but i need to turn my attention to the accord. 86 2 dr coupe, white clean

I have my hands full with my accord so i will have to pass. What are you doing with your hatch? You should finish that up since you put so much into the body alone.

SQ is the SQUAD
02-19-2005, 03:35 PM
i am trying to get as much parts together as possable so i can start putting my motor together, is you aim on, i been trying to get you

RobT5580
02-19-2005, 04:22 PM
My AIM is RobTurner2000, Im not on a lot so you can email me [email protected] but im usually on late week nights when im procrastinating a bit.