PDA

View Full Version : heater controls

steve-024
01-20-2005, 01:10 AM
hey guys my heater control only works when it is on full , i drive an 87 accord lx ????????? what can i do to fix it ???

Elijah
01-20-2005, 01:17 AM
Get a new switch from the junk yard

hootymo
01-20-2005, 02:17 AM
that is the "Blower Motor Resistor" the honda dealer calls it or something like that, it's a little thing that mounts onto the bottom of the heater box above the passenger side foot well. it is pretty easy to take out, just unscrew a couple screws and unclip the wiring harness. i think honda charges like 30 bucks for a new part, its what controls the low/medium/high/full setting on the heater. when that part malfunctions the heater defaults to the high setting so at least you have something. most of the time they get old and either corrode or break, theres little spring sort of things on the part that get crappy with age. but yea just go to the honda dealer and ask them for the blower resistor or something along those lines, they should have it for like 30 bucks like i said. hope this helps!

steve-024
01-20-2005, 12:12 PM
thanx hootymo but there are alot of things under my passenger dash i guess ill just start unscrewing them

steve-024
01-20-2005, 01:06 PM
well thanx for the help everyone i looked under the passenger dash and i noticed there was soemthing unhooked and i plugged it in and wabam , it works like new !