PDA

View Full Version : good idea? bad idea? P/S

HondaManDan
08-01-2002, 06:51 PM
ok i have a leak in that powerstearing loop in front of my radiator i was wondering if i could just replace it with one of those remote tranny coolers they sell.... would this be better? or would it work at all? thanks.

headtrip
08-02-2002, 04:46 AM
I removed the whole deal with my p/s. and there is definatly enough space cleared up too add a tranny cooler.

are you gonna bypass the one in your radiator, or just add to the mix?

AZmike
08-02-2002, 07:46 AM
The loop you have on there now is less restrictive. If you use a tranny cooler your PS pump will have to do more work to run the fluid through all those smaller passages the system. A tranny cooler is more than you need. You should be able to find a loop that doesn't leak for cheap at a scrapyard. A lot of people have taken off their PS, but parking is a real bitch like that so I decided to fix mine.

A20A1
08-03-2002, 01:46 PM
If you bought a tube and fin design then it's like the loop but there are more of them... it's not made by B&M.... cause the B&M one are different. On the tube and fin one you can see metal pipe waving up and down and you can see the tiny metal fins like your radiator has.

HondaManDan
08-03-2002, 06:44 PM
and what would htis do A20???