PDA

View Full Version : Low speed miss

accord2
01-22-2005, 08:32 PM
I have a low speed miss on number 1 and 2 cylinder. It had been intermitten, but now is full time. I have replaced the plugs, dist cap, rotor and wires. Got any ideas or suggestions what to check?

TIA
Larry

numbnuts231
01-22-2005, 09:01 PM
I have a low speed miss on number 1 and 2 cylinder. It had been intermitten, but now is full time. I have replaced the plugs, dist cap, rotor and wires. Got any ideas or suggestions what to check?

TIA
Larry
to start a good compression check is never a bad idea. check for an intake leak between these two cyls. what do the plugs look like? was there oil inside the distributer cap?

accord2
01-23-2005, 06:35 AM
That is my next move. The plugs looked good and no oil in the distributer cap. Also I will check the for an intake leak. Thanks

to start a good compression check is never a bad idea. check for an intake leak between these two cyls. what do the plugs look like? was there oil inside the distributer cap?

accord2
01-25-2005, 05:04 PM
The intake manifold was leaking. I had checked before and it didn't show up, but yesterday I sprayed carb cleaner on it and the idle speed raised. Replaced it today and it runs good.. :lock: