PDA

View Full Version : Plan & Budget 3g on $5000

nswst8
01-23-2005, 07:34 AM
1. What would you do first?
2. What would you do yourself?
3. What would you farm out to the Pro?
4. What is the most cost effective mod?

List your resources, contacts and hook ups.

Pictures, Website listings anything and everything you could use to complete your project.

Last but not least, What would your dream 3g cost you & what would it be like? :uh:

RiCANACCORD
01-23-2005, 07:46 AM
3gee V8 supercharged!

88accordhb
01-23-2005, 10:37 AM
3gee V8 supercharged!
AHHH, you piss me off! keke

just do a bit of internal work and boost it man. 10psi should be good with a bit of internal support. and 5000 bucks will be enough and then some. www.homemadeturbos.com

if i had a dream, i wouldn't be driving around in a 3g.

Hash_man_Se_i
01-23-2005, 12:07 PM
I would buy a b18c1 from these guys in town, then drive my car right down to Hasport and get the swap done....

Actually I would love to do that, but right now, my accord is kinda fucked from my accident, I would love to fix it right now. :( :(

Vanilla Sky
01-23-2005, 03:25 PM
new suspension, and a rebuilt motor... a rebuilt tranny if the money would still be there...

bobafett
01-23-2005, 04:54 PM
240 parts ;)

nswst8
01-23-2005, 05:09 PM
$5000 and a 3g is nothing but a money pit not worth filling. :uh:

I've had my 3g since 93 and she has been nothing but reliable, faithful and an all around good investment.

With all the knowledge, experience and initiative you can't stretch $5000 into an exceptional car.

We know that the chances os securing a JDM B20 5 speed are at best limited to zero. (I believe I bought the last one) :lol:

So this means beefing the A20.

But first I think reinforcing the suspension and brakes is a good start before you throw more HPs in the mix.

86AccordLxi
01-23-2005, 05:11 PM
HAHAHA Chris, that's too funny.

Seriously, my dream 3g would consist of buying a really nice/clean lx-i sedan and then just doing the basics: i/h/e, moderate headwork, moderate cam, two nice reclinable racing seats, some sort of roll bar for harnesses, mild stereo, 2.25 inch drop with konis/revalved bilsteins, 17s, and then subtle things like jdm corners and front lip, armrest, cupholders. Nothing outrageous, no swaps or bodykits, just simple simple simple. Oh, and an alarm. That would probably cost....a lot more than I have.

I'd like to get another sedan though just to have something super-reliable and sexy to roll around in (with more than one other person....stupid 240).

Alex

A20A1
01-23-2005, 06:53 PM
1. What would you do first?
Intake and Exhaust mods
Custom Header
- 4-1 and 2.5" header back exhaust

Custom Manifold
- In my instance, for a 4bbl carb

Then along with those... Fuel and Ignition upgrades

Also a Cam

2. What would you do yourself?
Everything that doesn't require precise measurements for it to work right and last a long time.

3. What would you farm out to the Pro?
Cylinder head work
- Port / Polish
- Larger Valves
- Brass guides like rjudgey mentioned

4. What is the most cost effective mod?
Headers are usually said to be the most bang for the buck...

List your resources, contacts and hook ups.

Pictures, Website listings anything and everything you could use to complete your project.
Summit - For just about everything
- Welders
- Mandrel bent pipes
- Tools
- Fuel system
- Ignition system
- Cooling for oil trans radiator
- Gauges

Burns Stainless - for misc Header parts
LC Engineering - For SS header kit
Alumaloy - to help make the custom Aluminum intake manifold modifications

Wal-Mart
- Supply of Propane
- Cheap tools and things like masking tape and zip ties and wire looms
- Pioneer speakers and head unit. lol :D

Lowes
- Welding supplies
- Drill press

Last but not least, What would your dream 3g cost you & what would it be like?

$12,000 ?

I'd need to buy some of the tools to make the mods to my car.

Basic engine mods listed above... maybe interior seats redone and side door pannels custom made so that they are flat without the arm rest or door pocket... probably manual windows too since I like the touch of custom handles. A beefier or plusher carpet but still tightly packed and black to match the exterior.

Maybe a CF hood
Some custom aero parts.
I beleive YK86 or 87Hybrid was talking about how to melt plastic so you can pour it into a mold.
Everything painted in a very nice black or dark dark purple with a slight bronze sparkle to it... bronze 5 spoke 15" rims
dunlop tires w-10 or SP sport

upgraded SS brake lines
upgraded brakes in the front

Vanilla Sky
01-24-2005, 03:55 AM
when i said what i said, i meant replace it with performance parts... or at the least better than stock stuff... not by any means did i mean stock replacement parts, hehe

mykwikcoupe
01-24-2005, 11:36 PM
no not the sp sprots. Oh well. as far as boosting goes. some out there can live with a ok job. Like justin, rob and myself. Rob more than me curently. 5k is just the tip of the iceburg. Motor and turbo project thus far Im into it say 8-10k. Almost done collecting parts then its off to the coaters for the show and shine and rebiuld.

If I had the 5k id say a quick freshen, fix all the little flaws, paint maybe a decent tunes, nice 16s and run with the other showers.

For my gaol. Im looking a little higher. I need to swap the interior, finish the engine,tranny swap. do a little tinting and install the tunes.

a money pip no way. It cost no more money then what your willing to put into it. I like having nice things and stuff noone else has. I figure the nicest on the west side second next rob in the greater us is good enough for me. thats my goal anyway

johndej
01-25-2005, 09:10 AM
fix anything thats wrong w/ it (maybe even get a rebuild it the miles are high) and then decide what you want, raw power, handleing, looks, sound. and then go from there by making improvments in the areas you like best. i'd prob get a I/H/E done well (CAI- not just short ram, GOOD headers- not just pacesetter, or if you get pacesetter, have them recoated so they don't burn/rust out on ya, and get an exhaust shop fab you up a high flow mandrel bent piece in 2.5in). after that i'd prob take it in for a full body touch up and fix any rust/paint chips/dents. then i'd prob get a decent set of rims and then lower it w/ good shocks. i'd see how much all that ran me and decide what else would give the most bang for the buck (prob a cam), get a full tune up and then see about a sound system.

AQcz
01-25-2005, 05:30 PM
With 5g's I'd have to say I'd sell the 3g and get a newer car, but to answer your question....

I'd Paint it, throw some rims and lo-pro's on it, kit, fix all the mechanic probs. With the left over few $'s I'd get a OEM cup holder