PDA

View Full Version : more problems

Underdog
01-23-2005, 11:56 AM
So like 2 days ago my battery light came on. Car was still starting up and driving fine until last night. Had just finished moving all day long, and on my way home, my stereo turned off on me, and then my headlights started getting dimmer and dimmer. Pulled into autozone, and my battery was so low they couldn't even get a reading on it. So I had to pull out the battery and have them put it on the charger. Battery turned out good, and when they tested the alternator, there weren't any readings at all from the alternator. So i've got a new alternator, belt, and battery cables. It really sucks though because I needed my car this week. To make things worse, I had sliced my finger while moving, and while putting the battery back into my car, I managed to get some of the small amount of battery corrosion there was on my cut, TWICE. It felt like someone was pounded a nail through my finger. Hurt like a bitch. According to my Chilton's, I have to remove all sorts of crap to get at the alternator too. I think I'll probably just let the advanced auto shop class mess with it since I don't have the time to mess with it. Sorry guys, just had to rant.

A20A1
01-23-2005, 12:30 PM
Awe... you have EFI so it's not that hard... it's basicly just loosening the tensioning bolt removing the belt and getting to the other bolt on the bottom... just make sure you don't lose the washer for the upper bolt thats a part of the tensioner.