PDA

View Full Version : Color Scheme for interior

Dman87LX
08-01-2002, 08:31 PM
my interior is a light blue... and the plastic is dark blue and black while the ceiling liner color is white.
I need a fresh look for my interior but i wanna try to keep the light blue in there because the seats are a pricy mod. any ideas?
i was thinking:
dark blue leather shift boot
chrome pedals with chrome type R shift knob
white speaker covers front and back
repaint the navy blue plastic with a dark blue royal blue
blue neon lights inside alongside the rug
vents and temp controls are already black
but thas just my idea...anyone with a light blue interior and managed to make it into something better?

Vanilla Sky
08-01-2002, 09:02 PM
just get some el-cheapo seat covers at wal-mart, or if you can foot the price, you get katzkin real leather seat covers...they aslo make door panels, so that cuts out a lot of work... you can take your plastic pieces in to a shop and have them sprayed with sikkens interior paint... it's what you use in a newer car to match color when the color you want is unavailable... it's not spray paint crap tht you have to do so much to so it don't look like shit... Pearldrop did his basically this way, so check him out (sadly, he sold the car, but he still can tell you every detial involved in the proccess

Derick

hondaaccord_86
08-02-2002, 05:32 PM
i saw a guy with white interior and blue trimming that looks sweet. try not to "clash" the colors, just a reminder.

Shagen
08-03-2002, 08:23 AM
Your Idea sounds good, just dont clash and remember its your car so if it looks good to u then rock out

bobafett
08-03-2002, 09:21 AM
can anyone post links for seat covers that will ACTUALLY fit the car? i wouldnt have a problem doing that for now... as long as i can cover the rear seats as well!

that painting process sounds promising, i should plan out my interior, clean off all the peiecs, and bring them down to an upholstery shop!!!

i am going to make my interior blue and black, and i will have mirror tinted windows and i think the car will be the subaru mica blue!!!

Dman87LX
08-03-2002, 04:31 PM
sounds good, altho i have rearely ever seen the mirror tints on our 3rd gens..i see it alot on the 90+
lemme see pics if u get it done, my car is dark blue it might look better then just black tinted windows

hondaaccord_86
08-03-2002, 06:16 PM
the regular black tint looks good on all cars. i'd have to say the mirror tint looks best on a silver car. im not quite sure what seat covers will fit on our cars, but im pretty sure they're a generic size.

Vanilla Sky
08-03-2002, 06:39 PM
if you have the cash to front for them, katzkin makes covers... i'm not sure about the HB, though... TK89ACC has katzkin covers, look him up

Derick

bobafett
08-04-2002, 09:59 AM
thanks for the tips... just how much are those expensive covers, it sounds like they would be like $300 or something!!!

are the HB seats any different than the others? i assumed they were all the same! oh well... :)

Y3G
08-04-2002, 12:58 PM
Here's My idea. Paint the dash and door trim and the center consol silver metalic. keep the Lt.blue fabric inserts on the door. Keep the stock Lt.blue seats and paint the dash housing,vents& other trim parts the same collor as the outside of your car. To style it up a little more blue dome light,blue under dash neon
and blue led lights built into your dash.

Vanilla Sky
08-04-2002, 05:16 PM
TK told me he payed $1400 for the covers and door panels... well worth it for quality leather, though

Derick

bobafett
08-04-2002, 08:20 PM
lol, omfg, thats ALOT... i would rather not pay that much for fucking seat covers... i would buy $30 walmart seat covers and still be afraid to spill shit on them... heheh,... i wouldnt trust myself inside the car if i bought seat covers worth more than my entire vehicle!!! lol...

Vanilla Sky
08-04-2002, 09:18 PM
but well worth it if you could drop it, or it was a show car

Derick

bobafett
08-05-2002, 08:33 AM
yeah it sounds like it would be really nice! but i would much rather fix my rust peice, and buy rims and maybe some more mods... lol

sheesh i bet they look good though!

Dman87LX
08-06-2002, 08:32 PM
DAAAAAAAAAAMN!!!! those seat covers had better give me road head for that price :ego: :lol