PDA

View Full Version : Courtesy Light Troubleshooting

Isaac190
01-23-2005, 08:31 PM
1989 Accord LXi, with multiple interior lights inop.

The courtesy lights on the driver's door, right-side rear door, passenger sunvisor, and glovebox have no power to them. All fuses checked ok, none appear to be missing. This has been like this since I bought the car, so it's possible the owner before me disconnected them somehow (unintentionally?)

I'm assuming all these inop lights are on the same circuit, yet I can't find any blown fuses or disconnected circuits. Also, no shop manual/repair manual tthat I know of shows electrical schematics for these circuits.

Both doors with inop courtesy lights still activate the dome light and instrument panel notification lights. (Door switches are ok)

Any ideas? Help?

Thanks.

88accordalltheway
01-23-2005, 09:20 PM
have you actually checked to see if its the bulbs and not the wiring? yeah, i have the same problem with the dome light, its not the bulb, so im going to have to check the wiring out later...

Isaac190
01-23-2005, 09:21 PM
All bulbs have been tested and check ok. I've tested the sockets for power, nada.

Strugglebucket
01-24-2005, 01:31 AM
if you havn't done so already, pull the door panels and check for unplugged/chewed up wire harnesses. on the glove box check if the push switch is making a connection when it's pushed in. as for the sun visor mirror light, it's kinda funky. i took mine apart and put it back together and now it works:dunno:

Mac
01-24-2005, 03:16 PM
The glove box and visor vanity mirror will only work with the headlights on. Did you check them for voltage with the headlights on? As for the door coutesty lights, as mentioned before look in door panels for bad wiring or connector off.

Isaac190
01-24-2005, 08:23 PM
I checked the glovebox and vanity lights with the headlights on... Inconcievable! They work! Thanks for the help. Next step is to take apart the doors and check the suspect wiring.

Mac
01-24-2005, 09:11 PM
Yeah, a good chance that someone had the door panels off and overlooked reconnecting the connectors.