PDA

View Full Version : speaker in B post

kauffman21
01-23-2005, 10:29 PM
i am seriously wanting to put a speaker in the B post, has anyone done this?! if so can i get a link? i searched already and all i found was basically how to take the posts apart, please post if this applies to you...thanks

HondaBoy
01-23-2005, 10:36 PM
other than a tweeter, it'd be too shallow to mount a midrange speaker. i'd say put a nice shallow tweeter up in that area, that'd be nice. i thought about putting tweeters in that area and maybe in the dash somewhere.

kauffman21
01-23-2005, 10:58 PM
yeah i figured only tweetz will work, but i was wanting to see what anyone else has done. i have a set of tweets im thinking of putting in the....but also i have a set of 6x9's that i want to hook up, but i want to put them somewhere besides the back window deck.....any ideas anyone? i was thinking something that when someone got in they said "oh shit, you got x9's there?! cool"

HostileJava
01-24-2005, 04:05 AM
I think the best way to do it, is to use a 3 gauge pod on the b pillar and mount a tweeter in one of the openings and use the other two for whatever you want. If you wanted to, I suppose you could try to mount 6x9's in the back of the front seats.

88accordalltheway
01-24-2005, 06:26 AM
i put tweeters there, here an old pic:
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/495000-495999/495733_45_full.jpg

HostileJava
01-24-2005, 07:05 AM
Keep in mind that tweeter are extremely directional, putting them on the pillar is a good idea, but if they are not aimed at your ears, they aren't doing any more good then if you stick them right on the dash aimed striaght up.

mykwikcoupe
01-24-2005, 11:41 PM
IMAGING. Thats way to close to your head. ill make you blink everytime something clangs or crashes. Dude it sucks. Put them in the a-pillar low or in the cover on the door over the mirror. Faced towards you but far enough away so the wave matures. get a deck that lets you change paprameters and have it tuned. GOOD TUNES. besides the seatbelt would get in the way.

kauffman21
01-25-2005, 06:43 AM
IMAGING. Thats way to close to your head. ill make you blink everytime something clangs or crashes. Dude it sucks. Put them in the a-pillar low or in the cover on the door over the mirror. Faced towards you but far enough away so the wave matures. get a deck that lets you change paprameters and have it tuned. GOOD TUNES. besides the seatbelt would get in the way.

have you been reading the same thread i have?! i dont remember saying "hey guys where can i put a tweeter at in my car that EVERYONE THAT OWNS A CAR has?" I said does anyone have any ideas of a 'different and unusual' place for some speakers...6x9's preferebly. Someone posted a good one with the back of the seats thing, i was wanting ideas like that, i am putting speakers in my b-posts...tweets.....i already have them in a-posts...doesnt everyone?! and as for the b-posts im thinking of 5.25's 89dx my seatbelt is nowhere near that.

MrBen
01-25-2005, 08:12 AM
Moved to audio.

Ludi Mali
01-25-2005, 09:40 AM
you might be able to flush mount 6x9's in the rear doors, i've never looked at the door frame under the upholstry so i don't know if you'd have to cut metal or not. you could surface mount tweeters to the b pillars, but thats about it, they're pretty solid in most cars. If you have a center armrest i've seen single 6x9's in them firing upwards with a plexiglass or metal screen cage over it so you can still rest your arm there. maybe one down between the ashtray and shift knob housing angled towards the dome light if you could build something to secure it in there.