PDA

View Full Version : little help here

89bumblethumper
08-01-2002, 08:42 PM
What is the best brand for lowering springs???

APEX, AEROSPEED, SPRINT, H&R, EIBACH???

pimp86LX
08-01-2002, 09:11 PM
depends on application

check out the faq about suspension

Jims 86LXI HB
08-01-2002, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by pimp86LX
depends on application

check out the faq about suspension

For the question he's asking the FAQ will do nothing but waste his time. It doesn't list allot of springs that you can get for our cars. I wish I could figure out how to make a topic stick to the top forever. If I could you'd see one hell of a bunch of FAQ in this section.

Jims 86LXI HB
08-01-2002, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by 89bumblethumper
What is the best brand for lowering springs???

APEX, AEROSPEED, SPRINT, H&R, EIBACH???

For most people the answer to your question is really defined by what kind of a drop they want. I've never seen anyone that didn't have a drop amount in mind. So what are you thinking you'd like? What's more important to you, "show" or "go"?

Keep in find that all lowering springs are stiffer and require struts that are likewise stiffer that stock. Their are a very limited number of manufactuers that make struts for our car's. And when you need those struts to be high performance struts that can handle lowering springs, your choices get's really narrow.

Let me know your answer's to my questions and I can better advise what's the best. Most any major name brand that has at least 5 years of spring making, should be just fine.

89bumblethumper
08-02-2002, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Jims 86LXI HB

So what are you thinking you'd like? What's more important to you, "show" or "go"?

i want "go". like a 1"-2" drop. not a full 3 or 4.

Jims 86LXI HB
08-02-2002, 09:01 PM
You've got allot of good choice's.

1.5" drops

B&G suspension (been around in europe for a LONG time, really nice spring rates with the rear spring rates increase higher that the front rates are increased = LESS UNDERSTEER)
$169 from www.shox.com

H&R/Neuspeed consider them as a less stiffer version of the B&G's.
$149 from www.optauto.com

2.0" drops

Progress Group (a company that has also been around awhile and have built up a pretty impressive reputation.) Spring rates are almost identical to the B&G's
$129 from www.optauto.com

Suspension Techniques speed tech sprigs. Pretty much the same as the Progress Group springs, giving you another choice.
$97 from www.fastfours.com

I really enjoyed my H&R Koni setup. Very fast, stable and tossable. A very fun setup that could be driven up to the absolute limits with ease. But if I pushed things for awhile at the limits, it became clear to me that I could benefit from more dampening power and stiffer springs. So I sent off a pair of Bilsteins I had laying around in my garage to be revalved stiffer. I was planning on pairing them with the stiffer B&G springs or stiffer than stock ground-control coilovers. Early in july my car was wrecked, ending those ideas:crying: :crying: :crying:

smufguy
08-06-2002, 05:51 PM
i guess if u lower more than 1.5" u need a camber kit too.

89accordhb
08-08-2002, 09:40 AM
Intrax!!

http://www.thepaul.net/car/images/002.jpg