PDA

View Full Version : wont start

01-24-2005, 08:39 AM
I have a 1988 honda accord lx. My car wont start, my starder busted and I replace it with a new one from autozone but, once I put it on i thought it will start right up, but it didnt. I found out that my carb was not getting any fuel from the fuel line. So I unplug the fuel line were the back fuel filter is located. I told my friend to pump on the gas an it only squirt a little fuel out the fule line and after it would not come out. So I replace the fuel pump with a new one from autozone, I tried to start my car again thinking it will start, but it didnt. So I check my fuel line to see if my new fuel pump was working but, It was doing the same thing as my old fuel pump. It only squirts a little fuel from the fuel line and if you pump on the gas again it wont come out anymore. Please can anyone help, I also checked my fuses but, they all look ok :sad2:

shepherd79
01-24-2005, 12:43 PM
first, you have electric fuel pump. pumping the gas pedal won't do anygood.
your problem is probably the fuel pump relay, dirty fuel filters, or cloged fuel line.

Mac
01-24-2005, 02:59 PM
Did you disconnect the fuel line before or after the filter? You can disconnect the fuel pump and turn the key on. See if you have voltage and a good ground at the connector.

'89AccordLX(Rus)
01-24-2005, 07:18 PM
When you turn the key the pump runs only for a second or so. Thus you will only see a little fuel squirt out. If the car sat for a while the fuel bowl may be dry and you may need to fill it. To do this, turn the key to the ON position 4-6 times without actually starting the car. This should force some fuel into the carb. Another trick you could try is to buy some starter fluid at the auto parts store and put a little down the carb barrel. If the car starts, then it is a fuel related problem. Also, did you disconnect any ignition wires during your starter replacement? The coil to distributor wire would probably be in the way and might have gotten removed/snagged out of place. I'd put my money on something getting knocked out of place in this situation. Hope this helps.

01-25-2005, 07:28 AM
I disconnected the fuel line before the fuel filter, I will double check my fuel lines to see if everything is right. Does anyone have a fuel line diagram to show me the proper places were the fuel lines go pluged up to the gas tank.

BlueBead
01-25-2005, 02:50 PM
download Pauls manual.... and maybe double check all of your electrical connections.. It sounds like maybe something didn't get reconnected properly... that always seems to happen to me, and then take forever to figure out
Good luck!
Pauls site: http://www.pauldesign.ru/honda/shopmanual.html

A20A1
01-25-2005, 03:00 PM
I bypassed my rear filter and ran a single line from the top of the gas tank to the hard fuel line that is after the rear filter that runs up into the car and to the firewall... then from the firewall I added a new fuel line to a big Fram fuel filter ment for domestic carbed cars, it's clear... and then from the filter I added a new line to the carb... the carb line is 1/4" but the rest of the lines I believe are 3/8"