PDA

View Full Version : Ignition Sound off.

Hack_Benjamin
01-24-2005, 06:14 PM
Please comment on what you think the best ignition setup for 87-89's is and why? From Coil to plugs.

Yea.

Strugglebucket
01-24-2005, 06:17 PM
i'm currently running an msd sci ignition, accel super stock coil, crane wires, and ngk iridium plugs.

2drSE-i
01-24-2005, 06:21 PM
go with MSD's wires, theyre supposed to have 50-60 ohm/ft of resistance, and DENSO Iridium plugs. They're iridiums have less volatage requirement, and supposedly feel smoother idleing.

Hack_Benjamin
01-24-2005, 06:28 PM
Hey Struggle how's that setup???

Ty Guy's

Strugglebucket
01-24-2005, 06:35 PM
Hey Struggle how's that setup???

Ty Guy's
well i only got to run it for a bit and then my transmission blew up. so i haven't really come up with the right gap yet because i haven't been running it and now i've done other things to the engine.

the crane wires i bought because they were on sale and they are really sturdy. the iridium plugs seem to work well with the higher output ignition.

SavageG
01-24-2005, 08:43 PM
Accel Super Stock Coil
NGK Wires
Bosch Platinum Plugs
NEW Distributor

I don't know if it was the coil or distributor. But the odd "Mis" at idle that many people have complained about Disappeared.

A20A1
01-24-2005, 08:51 PM
Accel Super Coil ( Not to be confused with the Super Stock Coil )
Accel Custom Wire Set
BOSCH Platinum +4

Good if you're running rich on purpose and need the extra spark to hold the idle.
I've tried lesser plugs and they don't run will under those conditions.

I might try NGK's
I posted some stuff in a different forum and in the FAQ thread to help the new or less informed members find info on sparkplugs... I posted an article on the addition of Irridium into the line up which is pretty much old news today... in the beginnig of the article mentions a few things about Platinum, I really don't have a preference between the two. I just hope everyone can learn things.

A20A1
01-24-2005, 09:05 PM
Oh here is the FAQ thread

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=37102