PDA

View Full Version : update on my starting issue

89cordlx
01-24-2005, 07:42 PM
ok, I lost my original post, so I am just updating here. for those of you who remember, my car has been very weird about starting, sometimes it just started right up, other times my car would just turn over and over untill the battery is nearly drained. when the car was warm (run for awhile) it would start right up. well, I jad it jumped tonight since the battery was dead (tried 2-3 times today to start it and the battery was basically dead.) So, could all this be because of a battery? when the mechanics told me the battery was fine?

2drSE-i
01-24-2005, 07:53 PM
I had the exact same problem, but for me it was the ignition switch. I had it fixed and it starts just fine every time. Do the idiot lights that come on when u hit it into position two on the switch shut off or do you notice?

::edit:: no i remember it was slightly different, mine wud start all the way and die really quickly because of the switch, and then it wudnt start, it wud just turn over and over, like urs. So is that maybe whats happening with urs?

AD9SloAccrd
01-24-2005, 08:25 PM
I had a similar problem a few months ago... I replaced the battery and it starts up no problem every time.

89cordlx
01-24-2005, 08:36 PM
sounds good, I have a problem when I put my car in park sometimes, I can't take the key out of the ignition untill the P light is lit. Looks like I am going back to interstate to get my money back, or a newer better battery for free hopefully. or if I get my money back, optima redtop as Alex suggested.

BlueBead
01-24-2005, 10:00 PM
You talking about this one: http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=41084 that I just posted on? lmao

89cordlx
01-25-2005, 03:46 PM
yeah, my car is still being weird though. I took it to autozone today and they said my battery is good... so I need to figure this out..

2drSE-i
01-25-2005, 03:51 PM
sounds good, I have a problem when I put my car in park sometimes, I can't take the key out of the ignition untill the P light is lit. Looks like I am going back to interstate to get my money back, or a newer better battery for free hopefully. or if I get my money back, optima redtop as Alex suggested.

nah man its all a/t 3geez, mine does the same thing. I have to sit there for about 20 seconds with it in the ON position, it has nothing to do with the battery, i believe its the tranny sensor.

89cordlx
01-25-2005, 08:42 PM
that has nothing to do with the starting.... but next time I will put it into neutral and see if that helps.

AD9SloAccrd
01-26-2005, 05:15 AM
nah man its all a/t 3geez, mine does the same thing. I have to sit there for about 20 seconds with it in the ON position, it has nothing to do with the battery, i believe its the tranny sensor.

what he said.