PDA

View Full Version : Clicking noise while accelerating? and some other things

pendejo
01-24-2005, 10:13 PM
So, I'm finally starting to fix all the little things with my 3G, and now have another problem. While accelerating, there is a clicking noise coming from the front end of my car. It has always done this, I just never really noticed it until I fixed my window tonight and really heard it.I know it's not from the motor, because the noise doesn't coincide with engine RPM(if that makes sense?) I am pretty sure it's not the CV's, because I don't hear it while turning and I've inspected them already when doing the 2 clutches, and transmission;) It doesn't make the noise "just cruising", or at least I don't notice it then. My only thought is that it is possibly related to my brake components. My RF rotor is warped, could this be the cause of this problem. Any idea's are appreciated.

BlueBead
01-24-2005, 10:42 PM
outside chance?
It could be related to your front suspension balljoints or tie-rod ends. If your rotor is shaking everything around and one or more of the balljoints are out of grease they could be making a clicking sound
Otherwise, maybe its a tranny/diff issue...
Good luck on this

pendejo
01-24-2005, 11:14 PM
Thanks. I do not think it is the tranny. It made the noise with the old tranny, and it still makes it with the new tranny also.

smufguy
01-26-2005, 07:32 AM
last time my car started to make that ticking noice when i was driving straight was the CV boot clip that came out and was just spinning on the axle hitting the nearby places causing that ticking sound. so check the axles and arouund them and also take out ur tires and see if you find anything stuck there or hitting them inside.