PDA

View Full Version : new here

bobdole
01-25-2005, 06:46 AM
just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Alden, I'm 22, married and live in Olympia, WA. I currently drive a 93 240sx coupe (you can see it in the sig), this is my second 240, and while it's decently fun, I'm tired of driving down the street worried that I'm going to get pulled over for the exhaust...again. The car is too small, and having practically every kid come up to me at a gas station and ask "is there a sr20det in there" and "do you drift" got old real quick.

anyways, I had an 88 accord lxi in highschool and loved it, it was such a great car, plenty of room, good mileage and so on and I'm seriously considering getting another 88 or 89 lxi. I would like to do a b series swap, but leave the rest of the car entirely stock (except maybe for some nicer factory alloys and transfer my extremely mild stereo setup over) and use it as a nice commuter while I save up for the factory five coupe I intend to build.

I came to the site because I really want to think this through before I consider the sale of the 240 for the accord and hope to find out everything possible before I make this step.

and that's about it, nice to meet you all.

snow_man_20
01-25-2005, 07:05 AM
nice ride, i like the 240, so do you drift?? :lol: j/k :welcome: i'm new too, i drive a 89 lxi i would trade ya strait across :deal: welcome dude!

86AccordLxi
01-25-2005, 08:33 AM
Welcome to the board! A few us drive 240s as well (mostly recent converts). I ddef. understand your experience with the sr20 questions...it gets old really, really quick.

3g Accords are nearly indestructible, so it seems (given good, basic maintenance like any other car).

You can read up on b-series swaps and other questions in the FAQ section. Most things have been covered there. Also, just out of curiosity, what exhaust do you have on your coupe?

Again Welcome!!

Alex

bobdole
01-25-2005, 08:58 AM
I've got the apexi n1 catback which was my favorite exhaust ever until I had to live with it for 2 years, now it's just too loud...maybe I'm just getting old lol, other mods are obx short shifter and kyb agx shocks/struts and eibach prokit springs...my previous 240 had a silvia front. I inteded to go KA-t with the last one, but plans fell through and since I bought this one I have tired of the scene and just want a decent 4 door commuter with potential for minor modifications.

BDaccordguy
01-25-2005, 09:10 AM
nice 240! welcome to the board.

BlueBead
01-25-2005, 02:18 PM
Awesome, coming back to the 3G!
the 88/89 FI are the best choice..
doing a swap would be a huge pain... you might be better off with a P&P, intake, and a decent header. Otherwise, the gas mileage, room, quality engineering, and near indestructibility of these cars are what keeps me sticking around.

nswst8
01-25-2005, 04:00 PM
Welcome.

A20A1
01-25-2005, 05:06 PM
You could always throw on a pre-muffler / resonator and quiet her down some...

A swap is doable but the kit for the B series iis harder to come by... just start with an EFI accord cause that will keep you from swapping fuel systems.