PDA

View Full Version : exhaust noises q

1987HondaAccord
01-25-2005, 03:09 PM
hey,

i noticed the other day that my car was making a kinda wierd noise when idling. I have a dynomax, so the tone is already pretty deep, but every once in a while it sounded like someone had some subs going next door, only it was from my car. is this an occasional miss or something? how do i fix it?

thanks in advance

Hack_Benjamin
01-25-2005, 05:44 PM
Hey Man,

I have a buddy thas has a Dynomax System and it does the same thing, He also knows or 3 other people, and they told him that it's just the "Muff" not the car......BUT thats just what I heard........!!!!!!!

M.

A20A1
01-25-2005, 06:02 PM
Were you driving when it made this noise or were you outside the car?

Were you next to another car?

Sometimes your muffler resonates with other cars making a very distinct sound.

1987HondaAccord
01-25-2005, 06:19 PM
i was outside the car, back by the muffler. i did it again today in a quiet neighborhood, so i don't think it was resonating with anything else. could it be that one of the cylinders isn't burning completely?

keruhas184
01-25-2005, 06:57 PM
I remember that when i got my catback+dynomax muffler installed, I noticed that the misfires were much more easily heard. Then I installed a set of Crane wires, and the popping sounds are pretty much gone now.

smufguy
01-26-2005, 07:25 AM
i was outside the car, back by the muffler. i did it again today in a quiet neighborhood, so i don't think it was resonating with anything else. could it be that one of the cylinders isn't burning completely?

its normal, trust me. I hear it too. When the car is idling, its like an up and down kinda sound. nothing to worry about, as long as your plugs, wires, cap &rotor, fuel filter and your gas is good. u got nothing to worry about.

PS: alwyas helps to check ur cyl compression. should be even across.