PDA

View Full Version : Fans(I guess is the air cond. fan)

Cygnus
01-27-2005, 10:19 AM
When I turn the ignition on without starting the car the 2 fans go on.I think it supposed to turn on just 1 and then in a few minutes the other one comes on.But the 2 fans go on at the same time,and the small fan(the one I think is the air cond. fan, that is intermitent)never go off/on.How can I fix it??

Mac
01-27-2005, 11:53 AM
First, what model do you have (DX,LX,LXi)? Those fans should come on when the coolant temp in the radiator gets hot or the A/C is turned on. LXi's sometimes the fans come on after the engine is shut off if it is still hot. But they shouldn't come on as soon as the ignition is turned on.

Good chance that your temp sensor is bad. It is on the bottom of your radiator. Disconnect the plug and see if the fans shut off. If they do the temp sensor is bad. If they still run after the plug is off you have wiring problems.

Was it always like this or did it just start happening? Some one might of jumpered out the plug to have fans run all the time.

Cygnus
01-27-2005, 12:18 PM
Its an LX.Its just star happening,like 4 days ago.Before that was ok,just one start with the ignition on and then the other start like 2 minutes later.By the way,my a/c do not work.But is essential to have the car not too hot,the intermitent fan going on/off during driving conditions.But the 2 fan at the same time without shutting off for,let me say,a minute that causes problems because the car is not warm enough to work fine.It stay too cold than before.