PDA

View Full Version : Pcv Valve Replacemen

ssophab
08-02-2002, 05:16 AM
After getting the old one out, I placed the new one in. Though, the new one has a loose-fit. Does anyone have this problem? How did you fix it? It fits in there, but I can jiggle it. With very little effort, I can pull it out. Is there a clamp I can get to hold it down tight?

headtrip
08-02-2002, 06:07 AM
I had a similar problem, turned out to be the plastic downpipe under the intake manafold, it was old and dry and had cracked when i removed the old one. it is a biatch to replace though. i had to take off my whole damn intake manafold to get at it.

smufguy
08-02-2002, 07:46 AM
if that thing u guys are talking about is loose or frayed, u will have a vaccum leak. try getting the plastic downpipe under the manifold and the one on the top of the manifold from the same car from the junk. and u dont have to take the whole manifold to replace the pcv valve. yeah u cant just pull out the pcv valve cause of the gourmet on the top of the manifold, but just break it around, its jut there for appearance. the down pipe can tbe take out after u unclip it from the bottom and push the hard plastic pcv pipe from the manifold. yeah its a bitch to do it, but saves the pain of taking the whole manifold off, getting new gasket and worrying about over torquing and snappin ur manifold bolts.