PDA

View Full Version : Saggy Bumpers

halxi
01-28-2005, 12:48 PM
Dont know if this has been posted or not before, but i did some searching and found nothing, so my question is.

What is the best way to fix saggy bumpers?

both my front and rear sag a good .75"-1" and it just kills the look, what have you other guys done to fix it? just replace the mounts or?

blazin3gen
01-28-2005, 01:54 PM
i would buy a new bumper mount, check your mounts

88accordhb
01-28-2005, 02:12 PM
hmm i could have sworn it was in the how to.

88accordhb
01-28-2005, 02:13 PM
obviously you suck at searching. http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=37391

found it in 2 secs. hahaha just joking around.

AccordNut
01-28-2005, 02:22 PM
there are 2 things that could be making it sag, either the front mounts(black box looking things that are on the other side of your hazard lights) or the side tracking mount (located below your corner lights), which is nothing more than a bolt looking thing that slides into the grooves on your bumper.

halxi
01-28-2005, 03:59 PM
:uh:

my bad

thanks for the help though, im planning on doing some body work this weekend and its one of the things i wanted to fix.

obviously you suck at searching. http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=37391

found it in 2 secs. hahaha just joking around.

88accordhb
01-28-2005, 05:47 PM
yah i hear ya...i personally HATE saggy bumpers...they're horrendous looking. on my rear sags but by like 1 cm on the left side...not bad, i never have time to fix it.

HostileJava
01-28-2005, 05:50 PM
I don't know if a bodyshop did it or how it happend but mine actually had extra supports welded on to it to suppored the bumper, I'll have to get pics of it.

ICEMAN707
01-28-2005, 06:43 PM
yeah i hate saggy grandma bumpers too. :lol: the best way to fix it is with silicone implants baby!! lol j/k. but seriously, the front sits on two rubberized mounts that a bolted on slots. take off your bumper signals and you should see the bolts behind it in those holes. take a socket wrench with an extension and losen the bolts. once they are all losened, raise the bumper up while tightening the bolts. that's about it.

halxi
01-29-2005, 02:06 PM
yeah i hate saggy grandma bumpers too. :lol: the best way to fix it is with silicone implants baby!! lol j/k. but seriously, the front sits on two rubberized mounts that a bolted on slots. take off your bumper signals and you should see the bolts behind it in those holes. take a socket wrench with an extension and losen the bolts. once they are all losened, raise the bumper up while tightening the bolts. that's about it.

So no need to even replace them then?

going to try to start some body work tonight or tomorrow and ill have to look into that.

Any suggestions on a saggy rear bumper? is it mounted the same as the front, if so whats the easiest way to get to it?

Thanks

EDIT: Went out and looked, took out the turn signal, all that stuff, and if i was trying to tighten the right bolts then theres no way thats going to fix it, unless i have to take the bumper completely off to check bolts behind the box?

Side note: fixed my horn though :P it was just sitting in the bumper because the bolt fell out but i never really wanted to try putting it back up there, figured id do that while i was at it though :sad2: