PDA

View Full Version : brakes?

b8er
01-28-2005, 08:15 PM
hey guys iv been away for awhile so whats new on the site, same ole same ole? anyways my brakes arent starting to piss me off, makes noises under braking and at a really slow roll so iv decided to calapers and rotors, i dont wanna go super nuts expencive just somthing that will stop the car relativly fast, above stock a little i guess is all im shoting for, just wondering what pads,rotors and calapiers ( aftermarket, rebuilt?) would be good for a little cheap upgrading. thanx

sorry didnt know to put this under performace or wheels tires

mykwikcoupe
01-28-2005, 11:21 PM
do a search under suspension for brake upgrades. depending on what your price range really is. id say cheapest/nicest is new ebc pads. If your willing to spend a little more go with brembo fronts or nice blanks, vented, slotted, dimpled whatever you want. Still looking for a little more go sei rear disks with brembo or powerstop rotors with ebc pads. Still not enough. dude i dont know either drive slower or get now rubbers. That should stop you in ahurry.

Of course if your lookng for maybe a few hundred go with the larger rotors in the civic brake upgrade. Use the washers since no one can find a shop to cnc the proper the brackets again.

HondaBoy
01-29-2005, 12:18 PM
unfortunately there's few choices we have for our brakes. people i know have had Neuspeed rotors on their cars, stock size rotors, but the drilled ones. Neuspeed make the drilled or slotted style rotors. what i just did was put new rotors and rebuilt calipers on mine, along with new brake lines, just the rubber ones. i've never been able to stop this good until now. i still want to upgrade to the drilled rotors from Neuspeed. my friend's volvo has some and it stops bad ass. unless you want to do custom machineing work to make some new caliper mounts, you dont have much choice on bigger rotors, except to get 88-89 accord LX-i front brakes or all around SE-i brakes.

b8er
01-29-2005, 01:41 PM
i see you live in texas and i live in canada so im guessing we probably dont have the same parts stores, the rotors you put on are they just plain stock rotors from honda or from lordco or somthing, same question with your rebuilt calipers

Neuspeed87lx
02-03-2005, 07:57 PM
if your just looking to stop a little better i wount bother upgrading the brakes.... the money you will spend verses the difference in braking power isnt worth it to me ... i would just do new pads and rotors if i were you .... then your noises will be gone .... are your calipers sticking or something ? you can get aftermarket pads and rotors from any of your local auto part stores.... i wouldnt get them from honda... they would be way to pricey... goodluck man

Chicane
02-04-2005, 10:13 AM
Rotors don't really affect your braking performance much. It's the pads that matter most. I'd suggest getting some Axis Metal masters or Axis Ultimates. The Ultimates do dust quite a bit, but MAN do they stop the car!

b8er
02-04-2005, 11:39 PM
alright thanx for all the info, il see what i can do and get back to you guys on the improvment