PDA

View Full Version : A little Shocken up

leia
01-29-2005, 04:52 PM
So yeah I almost just got totalled, and am still a little shakey from it.

So its dark and snowing, the roads are fine, just wet.
I'm on some back road leaving the University Park Airport (crapy airport no one goes to). I go to pull out & make a left turn, there is a car coming to my left far in the distance....but I can only see one light so its hard to tell.
I pull out only to realize that this car is like RIGHT there, I say "oh sh*t" and slam on the brakes. My passenger didn't see the car at all either, he assumed they were way far away as well. So the car slams on their brakes and stopped literally an INCH from hitting the driverside of my car.
He rev's his engine at me like that is gonna do something, dude I know you're pissed off, so am I. Then his woman gets out and starts looking for damage....um no impact=no damage. Then she starts yelling at me "what's your problem...blah blah blah" Yo lady, your headlight is out, your guy is speeding and what the heck do you want me to do about it now?

It was a fricken Camaro too, newer one. I'm so frustrated. Like yes, misjudging the distance was my error, and I also should have accelerated like mad rather than stop. But from where we were sitting, there was no way to know that the car was so close. It is next to impossible to judge distance from only one headlight on a speeding Camaro coming towards you!

Ok sorry guys, this seems to be a lot more of a story than you usually do, but I just feel the need to vent right now. I thought my car was going to be no more

hootymo
01-29-2005, 04:58 PM
wow... sometimes the close calls like that seem to be even worse than the actual accidents (ok maybe not but they still suck)!! im glad you came out ok though, and that you and your accord all made it out ok. i would have told the driver of the camaro "hey one headlight is legal on motorcycles but doesnt help very much on cars, so maybe you should invest the 5 bucks and get yourself a headlight so you can avoid situations like these in the future... DUMBASS! " :kekeke: or somethin like that, cuz this clearly wasnt ur fault. and u should have smacked his girl in the face. glad you're ok though!

frankie89
01-29-2005, 05:17 PM
well i hope you ok cuz thats what counts...cars can always b replaced your life only comes once!!

88accordhb
01-29-2005, 06:18 PM
good thing youre ok, don't let idiots like that drag you down.

leia
01-29-2005, 06:24 PM
Thanks guys. I feel kinda like a moron, it was bad judgements on my part.

But seriously, if you're gonna buy a new Camaro, how can you not have all of the lights working!? Idiot.

My main philosophy is if my car is 19 years old, and has all major functions working properly, there is NO excuse for a new car not to have it.

88accordhb
01-29-2005, 06:59 PM
But seriously, if you're gonna buy a new Camaro, how can you not have all of the lights working!? Idiot.

that's the american manufacturers for ya: fast, cheap, retard cars.

of course i'm just speakin out of generality...some american cars are to die for *ahem* i.e. a clean mid/late 60's fast back!!!

A20A1
01-29-2005, 07:56 PM
I'm glad you're alright girl
I was in a less serious situation and got hit by a Camaro, probably the 92 model. The driver was a military guy... he was turing out onto the main road from a drive thru while I was on the main road turning into the drive thru, I guess he didn't see me slow down and he knicked my rear... luckily there was no damage... I didn't have insurance or anything on my car so I was pretty forgiving... but I'm always like that anyways as long as I'm not crippled.

:D

AccordEpicenter
01-29-2005, 08:56 PM
nice... at least nothing happend/no asskicking warranted yet. I remember when i was going to work one morning in broad daylight, im going about 45 down the road in the back of my house, and some asswipe pulls right out infront of me about 60ft ahead of me and i had to slam on the brakes and lock em up and slide to about a foot away from this idiots drivers side door... then the jackass... surprised... stopps right in the middle of the road wreaking havoc on this narrow 2 lane road with no shoulder... prompting me to lay on the horn... heh

leia
01-29-2005, 09:20 PM
I'm not arguing about the quality of American cars, but keeping working headlights is the obligation of the carowner. Its not like its asking much.

I totally agree, the only American car's I'd ever buy are old American muscle......but of course that would be like #5 or so on my list so it prolly won't happen.

AccordEpicenter the horn? I avoid using that sooo much because it sounds pathetic. I don't think it would get anyone's attention or properly deminstrates my anger :) The horn on my 88 VW Fox was pretty sweet and angry sounding......prolly the best thing about that car, haha. I just feel like people are gonna laugh at the horn on the Accord

88accordhb
01-29-2005, 09:23 PM
our horn sounds like the road runner guy... meep meep.

hootymo
01-31-2005, 03:18 AM
seriously i am one who has a hard time figuring out why people leave their cars with headlights out, i mean is the 80 dollar ticket really worth your lazy ass not replacing a 5 dollar headlight? i dunno thats just how i feel about it, im the kinda guy that sees a car without a headlight and flicks my headlights at him to let him know, EVERY time i see one. call me an asshole but i just cant stand it and dont understand why people cant change a headlight... for safetys sake!

NXRacer
02-02-2005, 10:27 PM
glad to hear you're safe! :thumbup:

88accordhb
02-02-2005, 10:46 PM
seriously i am one who has a hard time figuring out why people leave their cars with headlights out, i mean is the 80 dollar ticket really worth your lazy ass not replacing a 5 dollar headlight? i dunno thats just how i feel about it, im the kinda guy that sees a car without a headlight and flicks my headlights at him to let him know, EVERY time i see one. call me an asshole but i just cant stand it and dont understand why people cant change a headlight... for safetys sake!
over here it's a 10 dollar fix ticket and the new lights are 12-15 dollars a piece.

accordlxi2.0
02-03-2005, 07:52 AM
I'm not arguing about the quality of American cars, but keeping working headlights is the obligation of the carowner. Its not like its asking much.

I totally agree, the only American car's I'd ever buy are old American muscle......but of course that would be like #5 or so on my list so it prolly won't happen.

AccordEpicenter the horn? I avoid using that sooo much because it sounds pathetic. I don't think it would get anyone's attention or properly deminstrates my anger :) The horn on my 88 VW Fox was pretty sweet and angry sounding......prolly the best thing about that car, haha. I just feel like people are gonna laugh at the horn on the Accord

some people are asshoes.

glad your o.k.
as for the our horns sounding crappy....
mines ONLY sound like that when the a/c, and headlights are on.

shit get a horn from a ford or gm...little car+big ass horn = surprising the hell outta someone.