PDA

View Full Version : 88-up Accord and Preludes with B16/B18 and H22A motors

Oldblueaccord
01-29-2005, 07:17 PM
http://www.mckinneymotorsports.com/services.php

I just found this I am at work atm cant eally read it all.

wp

Vanilla Sky
01-29-2005, 08:56 PM
thing is that in 88, preludes began the third generation... b-series motors were already used in those cars... newer b-series swaps are somewhat easier to do since the parts are more available...

it should probably be 88+ preludes and 90+ accords

Oldblueaccord
01-29-2005, 11:23 PM
thing is that in 88, preludes began the third generation... b-series motors were already used in those cars... newer b-series swaps are somewhat easier to do since the parts are more available...

it should probably be 88+ preludes and 90+ accords

I have't even read it. I 'm at work going a mile a minute tonight.
Apears there a full custom shop by the looks of that Datsun they have. Its West Coast some where I guess So cal to far for me. Ill try and call them sometime just for kicks. I'm sure they wouldnt have put it on there without doing one but heh whos knows its Cali anything goes in the land of fruit and nuts.

I was looking for what years h22 came in, at the time , There a 94 Prelude Si in the paper for $950. I know some of them had h23 too and I dont know the differance.

Well gotta go lay a few beads and fix a few things :bowrofl:

wp

Oldblueaccord
02-14-2005, 01:56 PM
Well called these guys today and they said they only done b16 b18 swaps into our cars. He said he doesn't see why h22a would work but hes never actually done one. Nice guy . talked with me about 15 mins so I learned a little. He pretty much told me to tackle like I thought by getting a whole car so I'd have a lotta parts to start out with. He gave me some wiring tips also.

wp

SQ is the SQUAD
02-27-2005, 11:52 AM
are you going to share those tips with us?

Oldblueaccord
02-28-2005, 10:23 AM
are you going to share those tips with us?

he just said to use the ingntion switch to start the car and go thru the sensors one by one prolly only have to add in maybe for two sensors/wires he thought. Vtec for sure he thought. Thats about standard on any motor swap. It was a quick conversation really mostly I commented on his kewl datsuns he had (RWD conversions) and that about it.

So nothing ground breaking. I was looking for a price on a JDM h22 and some info on what to look for in Preludes. There was one in the paper and I know some of them had H23 too it just came up in a general google search for some reason. He said he could hook me up with a dude that could get the "blue top" h22 for a good price.

If i do the swap id get a whole parts car to work with. I d remount the H22 computer so I didnt have to mess with much wiring even if i hadda cut a big hole in the firewall an thread everything thru it. :lol:

I ve done 350 swaps into jeeps and other GM car that had v6. I put a 440 in my International scout 2 about 10 years ago. Im doing a 318 v8/ od auto in my old 74 plymouth scamp atm . I just gotta make a mount to put the tranny in.
I know what I want out of a swap so I just plan accordingly get all the parts first and then just make the time to do it.
In the mean time I am working on the Accords suspension getting it the way I want repalcing worn out shit etc. Drinving it everyday.
Im 50/50 on supercharging the a20 i have or going with a h22. Thats about where i stand. Plus i might retire form working on cars until I get a lift cuz my back is bad and its just not fun any more. I need to finish lifting this ford Explorer i got in my gagrage and my backs killing me already.

Hows that for info......

wp

SQ is the SQUAD
02-28-2005, 11:59 AM
i am still working on this carbed b18a thing for my accord, i got an 85 gmc s15 i am working a 305 into and i might take on a a20 turbo project for another hatch

Oldblueaccord
02-28-2005, 03:36 PM
i am still working on this carbed b18a thing for my accord, i got an 85 gmc s15 i am working a 305 into and i might take on a a20 turbo project for another hatch

350 s-10 deal is a really nice swap. There all kinda stuff for them. Tub the rear with one of those kits its pretty easy to get into the 10.0s.

wp

SQ is the SQUAD
03-01-2005, 06:13 AM
my rear bed is pretty rotted, i am not trying to sink any money into this truck, i am just going to use it to haul parts and shit