PDA

View Full Version : swap/conversion 88-89 accord question

harold938
01-30-2005, 09:38 AM
i'm looking to buy a ether a 88 or 89 accord coupe and do some swap/conversion modification

i when on to www.cardomain.com and www.3geez.com to get ideal what i want to do for the car i'm looking for

this is what i want to do

98-01 integra bodykits or 90-94 accord bodykits plus swap out headlight if i go for the 90-94 accord kits

swap out the tailight i heard r32 tailight can fit on there with some or no mods or what else can fits into the car that i ask for

swap engines with a vtech or Si with an automatic " sorry can drive stick "

interior swaping " seat,odometer,

can you guy/gal give me some ideal what else can do with this type of car

how about dual exhause ?

and yes i'm a NOOB !!!!!!!!!!!!!! " NOT "

88accordhb
01-30-2005, 10:17 AM
wow you got a long way to go...do more research...

as for body kits youre better off with fitness if you get 90-93 accord kits, or 90-93 integra kits. 94 accords are a different breed/chasis/generation. as for tail lights and head lights, it's all up to youre imagination. i don't remember seeing a 3g with r32 lights...if youre talkin about mario burke's car or mike's (a20a1) those are custom. as for swap, the only bseries taht swap right in the b20a (man i'm tired of saying that) but other swaps will cost alot of money and time. the parts nessecary are really hard to find. if you want a cool car, get a civic and rice it out.

i when on to www.cardomain.com and www.3geez.com to get ideal what i want to do for the car i'm looking for

youre already on 3geez, no need to mention it again.
do more research bud, welcome to the board.

88accordhb
01-30-2005, 11:28 AM
here here here! write yo shit here, stop making new threads..you will be flamed.

A20A1
01-30-2005, 12:11 PM
No Chub's had the R32 Skyline lights fitted to the rear.

Dual exhaust 2.25" single pipe from the catalytic convertor (CAT) split it into Two 1.75" pipes for the duals. You decrase the size of the pipes when going from a single pipe to dual pipes to keep up the exhaust velocity.

As for swaping motors... B16A would have been less of a hastle but the mounts for the motor aren't readily available anymore. If you swap, do the motor first then the exhaust... if not turbo the A20A motor.

As for swapping the gauge cluster with the spedometer / odometer I'm not sure .. Read / Search thru the Engine Swap Forum before you ask more questions about you swap project... more then likely they have been answered before.

88accordhb
01-30-2005, 12:48 PM
As for swaping motors... B16A would have been less of a hastle but the mounts for the motor aren't readily available anymore. If you swap, do the motor first then the exhaust... if not turbo the A20A motor.

new member Ray Fong making b16a motor mounts. i would give it a few months untill he's done with the swap to see how it goes.

Blue Impact
01-30-2005, 08:10 PM
CT, looks like you have a new friend here, man. :D