PDA

View Full Version : Good Stuff, Should I Get It?

HondaBoy
01-30-2005, 11:57 AM
ok, this dude that comes around a lot sells audio and video products to the car people at the hang out. he is pretty cool, but i've been wondering how the hell he sells a brand new screen for $80. not that i'm going to ask any questions. this dude i knew bought a 1000 watt cadence amp for $40 last night. thats a hell of a deal isnt it. he sells rockford fosgate tweeters for $10 for the pair, brand new in boxes. if he has some next week i think i'll get some, maybe like 3 or 5 pairs. i dunno. but yeah, i dont wanna even think of how he's gettin this stuff, but its good stuff. i'd not be surprised if he'd let me test it out first before i buy it. anyway, what do y'all think? buy something, whether it be a screen or speakers? or forget about it. i'm needing some nice tweeters though, thats the only reason i'm tempted to get them at this time.

88accordhb
01-30-2005, 12:02 PM
hmmmm i wouldn't trust him. no way is he making a profet unless he stole the things, and you don't wanna buy stolen goods do you? that's like stealing it yourself...almost.

HondaBoy
01-30-2005, 12:19 PM
i dont like to think of it like that, so i dont feel too bad. you know the old saying, "what momma dont know wont hurt her"? same applies here i suppose, but i still wanna hear more opinions i guess. just seems like a good time to do this.

88accordhb
01-30-2005, 12:45 PM
yah i hear ya, i mean if the parts are legit and work like they should i don't see a reason not to buy it at that price.

personally if i know something is stolen, i wouldn't buy it no matter wat, not even take it for free. but i guess you don't really know....it's really up to you...i just hope everything works out for you. good luck man.

BlueBead
01-30-2005, 01:17 PM
IF the shit is stolen and enyone ever runs the serial #'s (if you get in trouble or something) you might regret it. I'd do it anyways and play innocent.... but then I'm not too worried about the cops taking my car apart.
Tweets are not usually something too worrry about, and if they are securely mounted in your car you should be fine. Just try to minimze the number of peeps who can finger you for buying the stuff.
Good luck man

2drSE-i
01-30-2005, 02:46 PM
I had some fly by night business set up here in oklahoma city, they sold all kinds of shit for really cheap. I mean LOTS of stuff, clothes, car audio, home audio, computer shit, shoes, just alot of stuff. But it turned out everything they sold was stuff that wudnt sell in stores, it was liquidated, so id trust him, but ONLY if everything had a warranty card and came in the box. He probably has some connection to walmart or bestbuy or something, bestbuy doesnt sell much car audio lol.

z3bra
01-30-2005, 06:56 PM
lol he'll probably sell something to you and steal it back :P

88accordhb
01-30-2005, 07:20 PM
lol he'll probably sell something to you and steal it back :P
bahahahha ok man, i was drinking sunny d and it all came out my nostrals on the comp screen.

no but if it's liquadated stuff, then go for it! make sure it's not just something he pulls out his pocket lookin kinda dirty. wow that sounded all wrong.

snow_man_20
01-31-2005, 01:19 AM
if it works and is really cheap, so cheap that if it stops working in six months you wouldn't be too disipionted, no returns on that deal. just a thought.

2drSE-i
01-31-2005, 02:40 PM
bahahahha ok man, i was drinking sunny d and it all came out my nostrals on the comp screen.

no but if it's liquadated stuff, then go for it! make sure it's not just something he pulls out his pocket lookin kinda dirty. wow that sounded all wrong.

hahaha im glad i wasnt drinking sunny-d! but thats happened before to me

Not the parts thing, the sunny d thing, it burns like SHIT

AQcz
02-01-2005, 08:06 PM
I was gonna say the sell it to you for cheap and then steal it back for free thing, but somebody beat me to it.

I see it like this though. He probably stole it or has a connec that does (employee at elec store, etc...).

If something was stolen would I buy it? Depends. If it was stolen from a store (stock room by employee, off the truck etc...) then I probably would. If it was stolen from a person or vechicle then nah. I doubt if it was stolen from someones car though it would still have the box. Don't kno too many people that hook their systems up with the box still attached.

Your call though

88accordalltheway
02-01-2005, 08:18 PM
yeah, dont buy that stuff, its obviously stolen.

Dont buy stolen shit, its pure bad carma, you know whats legit and whats not, you know this guy isnt. Dont do it, how would you feel if you saw someone with your stereo stuff(dosent matter if it was stolen froma business or buy someone) in their car, youd be pissed and have to kick some ass.

stealing or buying stolen stuff=gay
http://3geez.com/showthread.php?t=37455
getting shit stolen from you sucks the worst though....

pendejo
02-01-2005, 08:56 PM
I don't think I would do it if I were you. I had a chance to buy an almost new Alpine flip down deck for $50.00 from a friend of a friend of a friend, but it was stolen so I said no. I bought some stuff before from a family friend and found out that it was stolen from Cali, and I feel really bad for buying it but I didn't know until after the deal was done. However, if it's liquidated stuff then jump on it!

2drSE-i
02-02-2005, 07:15 PM
all i know is, i know a guy who runs a chop shop and i almost got crap from him, but i decided against it

No criminal record for me

RobT5580
02-02-2005, 07:31 PM
Thats the bad part is if you get caught your the one screwed. So i tend to stay away from used stuff and that stuff is just to cheap for it to even be at his cost just by the sound of it. I know its hard to pass up but there is a lot of risk on your part.

HondaBoy
02-03-2005, 10:50 AM
oh, the stuff this dude was selling is new in boxes. anyway, reguardless of where or when i get tweeters, do they even sound good being run off the head unit? or would powering them with an amp be better. i dont remember how they were hooked up in my friends truck, but they sounded great. i'll probley power my rear 6x9s off an amp soon, so i'll need some high range sounds after doing that.

2drSE-i
02-03-2005, 02:11 PM
Well, the whole deal with tweeters is you gotta point them right at you, otherwise it doesnt do shit.

But i imagine they wud sounds fine off the head unit

HondaBoy
02-03-2005, 03:42 PM
yeah i know about positioning them. just not about how to power them. guess i can always ask my friend that works at an audio shop what exactly would be best for them.

HondaBoy
02-06-2005, 08:32 PM
ehh, i say screw that guy. reguardless of the great prices, he can go stick his thumb up his ass. lets just say he was being a douch to some friends. i'll probley be picking up some 6.5's that have great tweeter in em. i found some i liked. like my rear speakers, they are Boss brand. i've found their mid range speakers to be good, unlike their subs. anyway, the ones i found can handle 300 watts, so if i do put an amp on the surround speakers, it wont blow up. my rear 6x9's handled 500 watts bridged that i usually run my sub with. dont think i'd put 500 watts on them though, just was trying it out. about the 6.5's, they are about $50 for the pair and they will also fit into the door without interferring with the window and stuff.