PDA

View Full Version : Rear Strut tower design?

great86er
01-30-2005, 01:37 PM
Hey guys. For a little while I was thinking about getting a 72 BMW 2002. Great little cars. anyways, I saw a rear strut tower that they used and it also has a spot to relocate the battery to the truck.
I was wondering how hard it would be for someone to make for our cars.
Check it out and let me know what you think.

Heres the link. They are at teh bottom of the page.
http://www.racetep.com/02frtult.html

Justin86
01-31-2005, 03:38 PM
thats a nice little design, but would have to be different for the 3g. It would be better and easier just to relocate it to the side of the trunk with a box.

danronian
01-31-2005, 03:50 PM
It would be fairly simple to attach that to a rear upper strut bar but to do that I would have to be able to weld, which I can't. It's a good idea for a trunk that has little room in it but are trunks are large which is another reason it would be pretty useless.

HKSdrift3r
01-31-2005, 05:33 PM
IMO just get the battery relocation kit from Summit Racing. Its nice and simple!

88accordhb
01-31-2005, 05:36 PM
i don't see how the last pics in that link would work, the rear bar isn't even attached to the top of the struts. all 3 or 4 points are connected to the chasis, wat's the point, that's like the c-pillar bar...doesn't seem to make sense to me. but taht is a nice design...if it were bolted to the stuts at the 2 higher point and to the chasis trunk at the otehr points then it would be awesome...serves many purposes in both holding a battery and stabalizing the rear.

SteveDX89
01-31-2005, 05:43 PM
i don't see how the last pics in that link would work, the rear bar isn't even attached to the top of the struts. all 3 or 4 points are connected to the chasis, wat's the point, that's like the c-pillar bar...doesn't seem to make sense to me. but taht is a nice design...if it were bolted to the stuts at the 2 higher point and to the chasis trunk at the otehr points then it would be awesome...serves many purposes in both holding a battery and stabalizing the rear.

It's attached to the strut towers. Strut bars don't attach to the struts, they attach to the tower and prevent chassis flex, not strut flex. :uh: Newbs. :D j/k with ya, CT

88accordhb
01-31-2005, 05:47 PM
It's attached to the strut towers. Strut bars don't attach to the struts, they attach to the tower and prevent chassis flex, not strut flex. :uh: Newbs. :D j/k with ya, CT
i'm ghey.

Justin86
02-03-2005, 10:33 PM
i'm ghey.
thats why you live in the bay area :sadwave: