PDA

View Full Version : Lamborghini doors

Ace
01-30-2005, 08:03 PM
Call Me stupid or a ricer I just wanted to now I've seen Lamborghini doors done on newer civics But I wondered what they would look like on a 3gee :sad2:
It's something I'm defintally interested in possibly doing just wanted to now what you guys think :rice:

NXRacer
01-30-2005, 09:15 PM
it'll probably have to be totally custom made. they make kits, but im not sure how universal they are.

snow_man_20
01-31-2005, 12:11 AM
i don't know if i would want to try it on a accord. good luck

BlueBead
01-31-2005, 12:59 AM
Its been done; I remember a thread with some guy in the forces having it done.. it costs a fair bit but it looks sweet :rockon: :
Ok so I ran a search.... I posted then too... dude is MilitaryMase, and here is the thread:
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=35185&highlight=lambo
Surprised you forgot about this one NX....:ugh:lmao

Hash_man_Se_i
01-31-2005, 01:15 AM
Uuuuuggghh... IMO i would never do that especially to an older car like a 3g... Mainly because it is going to be a universal kit you need, it will most likely but un-needed stress on the frame in places it shouldnt be. IMO on a 16+ year old car, i'd have to say not worth the risk. This is what I have heard about improper lambo door kits.

snow_man_20
01-31-2005, 01:45 AM
Its been done; I remember a thread with some guy in the forces having it done.. it costs a fair bit but it looks sweet :rockon: :
Ok so I ran a search.... I posted then too... dude is MilitaryMase, and here is the thread:
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=35185&highlight=lambo
Surprised you forgot about this one NX....:ugh:lmao

That looks surpisingly good on that accord (it's even a 4door), he didn't post any pics of the car with the doors closed though, i would like to see how thay look closed. MilitaryMase is still a active member, he posted yesterday. it looks like a bitch to get in and out of that car, i would probibly hit my head every day and end up putting the stock mounts back on. :beat:

BlueBead
01-31-2005, 02:04 AM
That looks surpisingly good on that accord (it's even a 4door), he didn't post any pics of the car with the doors closed though, i would like to see how thay look closed. MilitaryMase is still a active member, he posted yesterday. it looks like a bitch to get in and out of that car, i would probibly hit my head every day and end up putting the stock mounts back on. :beat:

I'd do this on a show car :cool: , but I doubt I would want to do it on my daily driver. Mostly because I'd rather spend the money on the engine 1st....lol :rockon:
Damn its going to be nice to be working again! I'll finally be able to get what I really want..... :bowrofl:

Low Tek
01-31-2005, 02:04 AM
oh yea.. check this out!!

door kits (http://www.andysautosport.com/products.php?id=Ho86Accord&make=Honda&mcat=Accessories&scat=Vertical%20Doors)

snow_man_20
01-31-2005, 02:09 AM
F@CK that, thats alot of money!!

military mase
01-31-2005, 04:44 AM
what's up snow. I'vw had the kit for a yr. now and have had no problems so far. As far as getting in and out it took some getting use to. if i had the money at the time i would have gotten the remote lambos from AUTOLOC. Really don't know how it would fit. mykit had to be remodded to fit the door so that involes some cutting an welding. I drive the car about 3 times a week but it is a show car. It's something different and unique. i'm doing engine stuff right now but when i'm finished i'm gonna get it so the doors go up a little bit higher for more head clearance.

snow_man_20
01-31-2005, 05:50 AM
i bet it took alot to get use to. Show car huh, do you have a car domain site with new pics, it looks really nice from the outside. so what are you doing to the engine?? FI mabie, performance, or makeing it look good with crome and color? It looks good i would like to see more pics.

NXRacer
01-31-2005, 09:04 AM
doh, i forgot about your car mase! I think it would look pretty good on a hatchback.

military mase
01-31-2005, 09:23 AM
i have it on cardomain. i just got done a carb to efi the beginning of jan. but the site has a carbed pic on there. I have a show coming up this sunday in Greensboro, NC. I'l take some pics and put them up. In the performance thread i put in i am getting ready to do a turbo setup in a cupple of weeks.

Mattphi
01-31-2005, 09:27 AM
ive seen kits for $900

frankie89
01-31-2005, 10:18 AM
http://lowrider.cardomain.com/memberpage/324959/5 nice!! this is military mase's car!! i wonde how it would look on a 2 door coupe!!!

HondaBoy
01-31-2005, 10:26 AM
did someone post here that had it done on a coupe? seems like i remember that. anyway, i think that'd look more appropriate on a coupe or hb. but still looks kinda cool on the sedan, not my style though, i personally wouldnt put the door conversion on my car.

88accordhb
01-31-2005, 10:40 AM
ghey

Ace
01-31-2005, 12:02 PM
That Is sweet I did not even now it could be done defitally in the price range I was looking at does anyone have any info on a kit or is that one the only option

buds302
01-31-2005, 05:00 PM
dude your from fayettville huh? i used to be in the carnival that does the fort bragg fair two times a year! once in april and then for oktoberfest in october. ive been around that base in and out and all through town and never saw a friggin lambo door 3gee. not sayin ur a lyer but you would kind of notice it if you were there for three weeks. just a thought though maybe you should show it off to the public more often.

military mase
02-01-2005, 02:30 AM
I've only been here about 7mths. I do show it off at carshows and some of the local car clubs i know have seen it scince some of them do the same shows as me but on as an everyday thing. i'm not trying to get my car jacked or broken into. Believe me when i say i'm the ONLY 3gee around here that looks like this. there's a guy with a hatch that i talk to of anf on but he's doing engine work right now and there's a 88 accord sedan that is all riced out with stickers and a racing wing.