PDA

View Full Version : tax return time = upgrade time!!

hootymo
01-31-2005, 12:47 AM
well its that time of year again and im expecting a decent sized tax return. so... i want to hook up the accord a bit. what do you all recommend? im new to the import tuner scene and usually just leave my cars stock, but i see lots of potential in this 3gee and want to make it look nice, and run nice. what are some good modifications to do to make it look good and make it run a little quicker too? i dont want to do an engine swap and am already going to do the efi swap when it gets warmer so dont worry about suggesting that, im just talking about smaller mods that i can do fairly easily to make my 3gee a little better. any and all suggestions would be awesome, ive got an 87 lx carb'd. thanks!

Strugglebucket
01-31-2005, 12:51 AM
work on the suspension. it will make the car a lot more fun to drive.

snow_man_20
01-31-2005, 12:56 AM
suspension or injection!!

BlueBead
01-31-2005, 01:16 AM
Do a CAI intake while you are doing the swap.... I'd try to do a header as well, which you could do now. Get some nice lighter weight rims and you'll notice a slight difference there too. Suspension has so many options... take your pic
As far as looks, I'd do a lip and the rims and a 4th G spoiler and then paint. maybe paint some interior bits to give it an upgraded cabin feel..
Good luck man, sounds like you'll be a regular here

hootymo
01-31-2005, 01:22 AM
sweeeeeeeeeeeet... by the way whats a lip? ive heard you guys talk about it a bit but not sure what it is, but it sounds cool. got any pics?

BDaccordguy
01-31-2005, 07:35 AM
a lip is a small extension that would be placed on the bottom of the front bumper to give it a bit of a more agressive look. Most people here will use 5th gen accord stock lips, or CRX or Integra stock lips. These lips give the car a cleaner agressive look than say a full body kit. Just depends on your style.

Mattphi
01-31-2005, 09:46 AM
my lip is at my buddys house right now, if i get over there in the next few days i will take a pic. I have a 90-92 accord lip. There is a little modification needed but not much at all. Also like BDaccordguy said you can go with Old school teg lips and Rex lips but the rex lip requires alot of mods.

Steeltwo
01-31-2005, 03:10 PM
save it

buy something else to mod and be fast :)

or if you must

redo the springs and struts. Slap on fatty anti sways. Maybe a strut tower if someone makes one.

the 3geez is a light car, so with a stiff suspension and some 225 series tires(and of course rims that can hold them) you could have a little killer in the twisties.

88accordhb
01-31-2005, 05:43 PM
buy some pants.

danronian
01-31-2005, 06:27 PM
I would go with either a SR or cold-air intake and then a head unit, front speakers, and a sub and amp. I didn't much like my accord but when I got this stuff installed it makes me want to drive it all the time. From there I got some front poly bushings for the sway bar which really make a difference, and you wouldn't believe how much more handling performance can be gotten by installing only a 16X7 rim/tire combo. I was amazed by the handling and I actually like the stiffer ride quite alot. But before you modify anything jack up that car and make sure the front and rear suspension parts don't need to be replaced because that alone can cost quite alot even if you install the parts yourself.

snow_man_20
02-01-2005, 12:03 AM
buy some pants.

pants are good! :cool:

cubert
02-01-2005, 05:59 AM
like most everyone said...focus on the handling if you dont want to do any big motor mods....

hootymo
02-03-2005, 02:37 PM
i think im just going to get a 4gee... any info on how good they are in comparison to a 3gee? reliability, handling, speed, comfort, etc... ive always wanted one, and now i might have enough $$ to get one so any input would be appreciated to help me make the right choice. thanks!

badmanferg
02-03-2005, 03:29 PM
my .2 on a 4gee? well 3gee>4gee handling wise, comfort goes to the 4gee, a huge problem w/ the cb7 is the ignition, whether its the coil or ignitor something w/ the dizzy always fails and fucks up....i love my cb7 but miss the double wishbone on a 3gee....

3gn86lxi
02-08-2005, 07:19 PM
buy some pants.
You got enough sandals ct???? :) my tax returns going in my savings account! I'm going to sell the house in a year or so, can't be stupid with my $$$$$$.

88accordhb
02-08-2005, 09:20 PM
one can never have enough sandals ryan.