PDA

View Full Version : ny state inspection question

hootymo
01-31-2005, 12:54 AM
this one's for all my fellow ny staters, i need to get my 3gee inspected cuz its already a few days overdue. just a few questions i have about it. first, my right side of the windshield has a nice crack down it, does that mean my car will fail automatically? also, im not sure how good my ball joints are, can a car fail for having bad ball joints too? other than that though the car is straight, just those couple things im worried about. any info would be great so i dont waste the 16 bucks if im just gonna fail anyway. thanks!

Oldblueaccord
01-31-2005, 02:51 AM
this one's for all my fellow ny staters, i need to get my 3gee inspected cuz its already a few days overdue. just a few questions i have about it. first, my right side of the windshield has a nice crack down it, does that mean my car will fail automatically? also, im not sure how good my ball joints are, can a car fail for having bad ball joints too? other than that though the car is straight, just those couple things im worried about. any info would be great so i dont waste the 16 bucks if im just gonna fail anyway. thanks!

Been a while since i had a NYS inspection lis. but yeah the windshield will fail you. The crack can be under the windshield wiper blades and be under I think its 14 inches.

Few other things they check off the top of my head

All suspension pieces.

Tires

Front brake (required just one side)

E-brake had to work,hold properly

Lights ,wipers, horn, mirrrors.

Power steering condition

BTW what county are you from I grew up in Otsego.

wp

hootymo
01-31-2005, 02:58 AM
im in monroe, rochester to be exact. how close is that to me? thanks for the help by the way, anybody know where a cheap place to get a windshield is? because i dont want to do it myself, too easy to screw up

Oldblueaccord
01-31-2005, 03:10 AM
im in monroe, rochester to be exact. how close is that to me? thanks for the help by the way, anybody know where a cheap place to get a windshield is? because i dont want to do it myself, too easy to screw up

Oh rotenchester ok . yeah I went to college at RIT.

Im prolly 800 miles from you thank god.

You might on the side try to find a place that just passes them along. Alotta places do it just gotta find out by word of mouth.

I got a windshiled here done for about $150 I just went to the place when I noticed they were slow one day.

wp

AccordEpicenter
01-31-2005, 07:31 AM
heh im in buffalo... you shouldnt have to wory about the ball joints unless theyre really really bad and gonna fall apart etc... id still get them changed asap so you dont crash