PDA

View Full Version : cruise control?

jaiden
02-01-2005, 06:12 PM
How accurate is your cruise control? mine creeps up most of the time.. so much that it's almost pointless to use it if I don't want a ticket.

not sure how the cruise works on this car. I haven't read the manual on it yet.

BlueBead
02-01-2005, 06:16 PM
Mine works fine; sounds like you have some sort of leak or malfunction
-Good luck

Strugglebucket
02-01-2005, 06:16 PM
mine's pretty stable. it should stay at the speed you were at when you hit the button. it takes some time for it to even out, though.

pendejo
02-01-2005, 08:48 PM
How does the cruise control work? Mine does not work at all, where's a good starting point to figure this out?

AccordNut
02-01-2005, 09:01 PM
does your cruise control switch come on when you push it in, the one on the left hand side of the steering column? or does the switch on the steering wheel not work? simple thing, check your fuse behind the coin tray...also might be a good idea to look at the fuses under the hood as well.

pendejo
02-01-2005, 10:00 PM
Don't know, never bothered to check. I was just told it didn't work when I bought it. Have to look into it later.

jaiden
02-03-2005, 07:38 PM
believe it or not, my cruise broke temporarily when my horn broke. The wire on the horn corroded off, and apparently the two systems get power from the same place. This it NOT my current problem, but it may be yours.

pendejo
02-04-2005, 01:55 AM
Could be. I know the guy I bought my car from replaced the whole housing over the steering wheel and probably screwed something up in the process judging from his work!

snow_man_20
02-07-2005, 02:47 AM
How accurate is your cruise control? mine creeps up most of the time.. so much that it's almost pointless to use it if I don't want a ticket.

not sure how the cruise works on this car. I haven't read the manual on it yet.

The cruise control system works on vacuum. You probibly have a vacume leak. It sounds like it's turning on and working (not correctly, but working) so that eliminates blown fuse, broken wires, or loose connections. I would say vacume leak if it's still smooth but just keeps climing speed.

just my .02 cents

carotman
02-07-2005, 02:54 AM
If the speed sensor is freaking out, the cruise control might do weird things. Does your speedo needle bounce?

fly'n89
03-08-2005, 01:30 PM
If the speed sensor is freaking out, the cruise control might do weird things. Does your speedo needle bounce?

I've been trying to figure out if an 89 accord lx (bbl) even has a speed sensor..is it the unit on the top of the tranny where the speedo cable goes in? I have an electronic copy of the shop manual but can't find anything in it for the speedo other than in regards to the instrument cluster...anyone know what section it would be in? If there is a speed sensor for the 89 accord where do you get them I've only ever found them on-line for the 90 accord and later!? I have both problems...the cruise control stopped working this week and my speedo is overreading by at least 25 kph...very erratic