PDA

View Full Version : 2nd gear tire slip

HondaBoy
02-01-2005, 10:06 PM
just a thought. my accord is automatic. right now i have my good tires on. they are yokohama's that arent but about a year and 5 months old, so they arent all old yet. since doing differnt things to my car, its upped the power a little. i used to be able to get the tires to slip a bit going into 2nd, but only if they were the old regular shit tires. anyway, i was getting onto the road from work so i had to pick it up pretty fast. it had been raining all day, so the road is wet. so i tried not to spin when getting onto the road, i did that. but when i went into 2nd, it spun the tires and pulled to the right some. kinda scary but cool. that was at the top of 1st gear going into 2nd. i know thats more likely to happen on a manual tranny, but not on automatics. anyone else get this happening sometimes on your automatic?

Busted_Blue
02-01-2005, 10:56 PM
funny. what kind of yokohamas are they? I cant even get my 2nd gear stick to slip on Falkens =\

kaymo
02-02-2005, 05:22 AM
well shit, since i switched to falkens I can't get any slip unless i wind it up and drop the clutch (since i have one)
I used to have pretty good tires on my 89 civic 4door, and it was an auto. if i just put it to the floor she would chirp second pretty good and if it was raining i could get a good sliding pull.
she had alot of power for a dual point piece of shit!
have any of yall seen the D series distruction videos?
www.joekiller.com/oblivion/civicdavdodu2.wmv
haha have fun

James

HondaBoy
02-02-2005, 11:41 AM
i have the A550H model. when i do get new tires i was going to probley go with falken actually. i saw some comparison of their tires against other brands. for the money i'd go with them next time.

accordlxi2.0
02-02-2005, 06:31 PM
i have 205 50 r16 dunlops sport fm on.
i can do it...after i did the civic mod and found a few vacuum leaks.....