PDA

View Full Version : Front brake upgrade

Moodybluesr
02-02-2005, 05:51 PM
I found an SEi in the junkyard today so the Hondamino is going to get four wheel discs (along with the armrest and cupholders of course). :rockon:

I did the rear disc swap on the coupe last year so I know how to go about that end. What I was wondering is if it is really necessary to grab the entire spindle off the SEi in front or if I can just get away with new calilper brackets, calipers, and discs... Is the spindle actually a different part number or did they lengthen the caliper mounting braket to fit over the larger disc?

Vanilla Sky
02-02-2005, 10:14 PM
the whole thing looks to be needed... anyways, you can probably get mby cheaper buying the entire knucke over buying the parts...

88Accord-DX
02-02-2005, 11:36 PM
This isn't nothing to do with your brake swap, but did you buy that Accord truck that was on ebay?

Vanilla Sky
02-03-2005, 12:30 AM
that's his subaru...

Moodybluesr
02-03-2005, 02:47 AM
This isn't nothing to do with your brake swap, but did you buy that Accord truck that was on ebay?
Yes I did. I haven't driven it since I drove it home because it needs suspension and tires BADLY. When I sell my Prelude I will transfer over plates and get a few pics up for you guys. :rockon:

HondaBoy
02-03-2005, 11:27 AM
i was wondering the same thing about doing the 88-89s bigger front brakes. it looked to me all i'd need was the different disks, calipers and brakets. i'd think the spindle thing is the same.

BlueBead
02-03-2005, 02:47 PM
I'm wondering the same thing... I've got a bad bearing in my 88 and I'm gonna see if knuckle assembly from the 86 parts car will work.... If anyone knows that it won't work, let me know b4 I go to all the trouble. Otherwise I'll let you know tonight, because i need the car tomorrow

Vanilla Sky
02-03-2005, 04:33 PM
the knuckles are different parts numbers... so, you need the whole thing...

BlueBead
02-03-2005, 06:05 PM
Damn... that makes my parts car superfluous. I guess its a good thing I realized it was the tire when I pulled it off then huh? :uh:

The damned thing had 3 big (2in+) bulges on the innner sidewall and half of the tread had seperated and was raised about 3/4in above the other side for a 6in peice of tread. It was pretty crazy; I'm really glad I didn't have a blowout. No wonder my car was vibrating like a MoFo.... :chainsaw:
I drove it down and got an exchange under the 30day warranty,(used tires... I hate being broke :thumbdn: ) but had to pay $10 for the install since its almost exactly 30days. :mad:
I'd post pics, but I didn't get any.. sorry guys. :beer:

Anyways, so its not the main bearing, which is nice, but I'm getting a clunking noise in turns and over bumps and it feels suspension related, not CV joints, so maybe I'm losing a lower balljoint... Dunno, but I'll figure it out at a later date- I need the car driveable for the next while.
:toilet: -later

Justin86
02-03-2005, 07:14 PM
unless you get the civic rear disk swap kit you need the entire Se-i hub.

Strugglebucket
02-03-2005, 07:18 PM
i think he's talkin about the front. right?