PDA

View Full Version : Door Question

halxi
02-04-2005, 12:50 PM
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but it seems like the best place to me.

Anyway, my question is, will the front doors off of a lets say, Accord DX or LX fit on my LX-i?

I want to find doors with manual locks and manual windows because i hate the Auto windows i have now, would they fit or would i run into problems?

It wouldnt be that big of a deal if the color matched on the exterior or interior as long as i get them before i get the exterior painted, and im planning on redoing the interior anyway so thats not a problem.

Moodybluesr
02-04-2005, 12:54 PM
They should fit just fine as long as the same body style is used (sedan, coupe, hatch). You will have a few extra wires so you will have to figure out which ones are used for the speakers (which I assume you will still be using).

HostileJava
02-04-2005, 01:57 PM
Yeah it will fit if it's the same body style, but get somthing that has power locks and windows if you do, and make sure if your seatbelt is on the door, the new one you get also has the belt on the door.

2drSE-i
02-04-2005, 03:29 PM
my only dislike of my doors is that the locks are manual, instead of power

i want keyless entry :(

o well.
sounds like alot of work for some minor dislike, it would probably be easier to install a crank lever for your window.

halxi
02-06-2005, 07:26 AM
Yeah it will fit if it's the same body style, but get somthing that has power locks and windows if you do, and make sure if your seatbelt is on the door, the new one you get also has the belt on the door.

Thanks for the advice, however, why would i want to get power locks/windows?

Is it just preference?

Unless theres some sort of large benifit that I want/need then im going to stick with the manual windows/locks idea lol. I dont really need/want keyless entry and stuff like that.

Also, i looked into the just installing a crank for the window and i think that would be alot more work because youll have to pull the door panel to install all of the manual window peices inside of the door and such (at least from what i saw), so buying new doors seems like the easier slightly more exspensive way to do it lol

smufguy
02-06-2005, 07:41 AM
from what your profile says, you seem to have a Lx-i which came standard with power locks and windows. Your best alterntive is a Lx or a Lx-i door since they both have the same wires. To unclip the wires for the front doors, you need to unclip the orange (maybe a different color for you) on the bottom of the A-pillar on the driver and passenger kick panels, u need to then snake it out after removing the door and prying out the weather proof gourmet from the body of the car.

ps: Aligning ur door is very important so either get a reliable friend and ask him to tighten up the bolts or give it to your local body shop to get the door aligned for like 10 or 20 bux. Also the front fender to the corresponding door needs to be removed to get the door out.

HostileJava
02-06-2005, 05:53 PM
Actually only the LX-i Sedans had power locks, the coupes and hatches didn't come with it.

smufguy
02-06-2005, 09:04 PM
Jim, i had the lx as you know and it had power locks and windows bro.

halxi
02-06-2005, 09:45 PM
from what your profile says, you seem to have a Lx-i which came standard with power locks and windows. Your best alterntive is a Lx or a Lx-i door since they both have the same wires. To unclip the wires for the front doors, you need to unclip the orange (maybe a different color for you) on the bottom of the A-pillar on the driver and passenger kick panels, u need to then snake it out after removing the door and prying out the weather proof gourmet from the body of the car.

ps: Aligning ur door is very important so either get a reliable friend and ask him to tighten up the bolts or give it to your local body shop to get the door aligned for like 10 or 20 bux. Also the front fender to the corresponding door needs to be removed to get the door out.

lol HostileJava is right, did you buy your car yourself or know the history of it? kuz if not its possible the original owners bought the car with the option of powerlocks and windows. My car (indeed an lx-i) has power windows, but no powerlocks.

I will probably have my dad help me with getting the new doors on but im not sure yet, only time will tell =P

smufguy
02-07-2005, 08:05 AM
lol HostileJava is right, did you buy your car yourself or know the history of it? kuz if not its possible the original owners bought the car with the option of powerlocks and windows. My car (indeed an lx-i) has power windows, but no powerlocks.

I will probably have my dad help me with getting the new doors on but im not sure yet, only time will tell =P

um...... yeah......... it even says on the owners manual. all LX (in the US) had power locks standard with the power windows.

HostileJava
02-07-2005, 08:12 AM
Praveen, I've never come across a stock Coupe or Hatch with power locks.

Vinny
02-07-2005, 08:17 AM
Sedans were only model available in an LX trim.

None of the coupes or hatches came from the factory with Power locks, only the sedans (LX, LX-i and SE-i) were equiped with power locks

bullard123
02-07-2005, 11:38 AM
Is it hard to convert from non power to power locks anyone? Everything else is power on my hatch except the locks.

HostileJava
02-07-2005, 12:07 PM
No it's not hard, you just need actuators and a keyless entry system.

halxi
02-07-2005, 01:16 PM
smufguy...

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/775000-775999/775231_36_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/775000-775999/775231_37_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/775000-775999/775231_33_full.jpg

2door LX-i, manual locks, power windows... what more proof do you need? :Owned2:

lol j/k but yes, theres the pictures, the manual must be a typo or youre misreading/misunderstanding it.

After more debating and discussion with some friends and my dad, ive decided that it would probably be easier to just fork out money for motors then to buy doors, install them and change out the locks or have my neighbor (a locksmith) make a key for the doors. Maybe ill just have to look into a manual window conversion kit for my doors now :uh:

smufguy
02-08-2005, 12:03 PM
well Vinny knew what i was talking about. I was talking about the LX, i did not know u had a coupe. Sorry, so yeah LX did come with power locks, but they did not come in the coupe or hatchie form.

HostileJava
02-08-2005, 12:15 PM
well Vinny knew what i was talking about. I was talking about the LX, i did not know u had a coupe. Sorry, so yeah LX did come with power locks, but they did not come in the coupe or hatchie form.

Read what I wrote carefully, I was only refering to LX-i's, I was repsonding to your post above :)

smufguy
02-08-2005, 03:01 PM
i was talking to halxi, jimmy ;) and i just realized that when u said lxi sedans came with them, and the coupe and hatchie did not, u meant the lxi coupe and lxi hatchies. ;)

halxi
02-08-2005, 04:38 PM
i was talking to halxi, jimmy ;) and i just realized that when u said lxi sedans came with them, and the coupe and hatchie did not, u meant the lxi coupe and lxi hatchies. ;)

lol partially my fault for not being specific :dunno:

w00tw00t111
02-08-2005, 09:34 PM
my only dislike of my doors is that the locks are manual, instead of power

i want keyless entry :(

o well.
sounds like alot of work for some minor dislike, it would probably be easier to install a crank lever for your window.

I'm with him! I hate my manual door locks and windows. All my friends make fun of me but, I have a come back for them. Friends say,"What the heck. You don't have power locks or windows?" Me says,"Yeah I have automatic windows and locks they automatically roll down when you crank it. But serioulsy my dad hates the auto windows because they are hella expensive to repair and the motors on his acura brake alot. Ordered my shaved door handle kit today and will hopefully order my alarm soon. Can't wait.

2drSE-i
02-09-2005, 04:53 PM
omg yea they are alot to repair...

200 bucks for the motor and labor to do it, wasn't worth my time to do it myself

w00tw00t111
02-09-2005, 09:56 PM
My dad said screw it and didn't repair so when we are in a drive through and try to get our food he has to step out of the door. It cracks me up.

snow_man_20
02-10-2005, 12:26 AM
My dad said screw it and didn't repair so when we are in a drive through and try to get our food he has to step out of the door. It cracks me up.

:lol: That would suck

2drSE-i
02-10-2005, 05:01 AM
mine wudn't have even gotten fixed if the window hadn't been stuck.........all the way down

i had a bestbuy blanket over my door for a week
never heard the end of it at school haha

it wudn't have been a big deal if it hadn't started raining the monday it stopped working, and stopped raining only after the window motor was replaced.....

w00tw00t111
02-10-2005, 06:20 AM
mine wudn't have even gotten fixed if the window hadn't been stuck.........all the way down

i had a bestbuy blanket over my door for a week
never heard the end of it at school haha

it wudn't have been a big deal if it hadn't started raining the monday it stopped working, and stopped raining only after the window motor was replaced.....

Good ol' murphy's law. jk

2drSE-i
02-10-2005, 06:14 PM
is that the old
if it aint broke dont fix it law? :)

88' Accord Ltd
02-10-2005, 06:41 PM
Couldn't the 2 door people just grab the lock assembly from the front doors of a sedan with the power locks and slap em in with the switch and everything from the 4 door also? The only thing would be the wiring, i don't know if the 2 doors have the wiring in them for the locks, they probably dont but if you want it bad enough.. :sad2:

smufguy
02-10-2005, 06:50 PM
they are better off doing buying a pwr door lock kit

w00tw00t111
02-11-2005, 05:19 PM
they are better off doing buying a pwr door lock kit

Yeah I would agree. But, then again I just as well say screw it. Don't have the money to get the kit.

You could always not have windows and jump in them like the dukes of hazzard. Man that would be awesome!!! Except when it rains.

crazykamper
06-16-2006, 07:35 AM
sorry to bring back from the dead,

ive heard that the 4door actuators and what not do not fit the coupes?? is that true or not?? im looking to install power door locks cause i wanna get keyless entry....