PDA

View Full Version : AEM big brake is now Power slot

Oldblueaccord
02-04-2005, 08:05 PM
I was looking into the AEM brake kits tonight had troubling finding prices on Summit thought that was weird here why.

http://www.aempower.com/product_brake.asp

wp

2drSE-i
02-04-2005, 08:08 PM
Watch them jack the shit outa the prices too........

or maybe make them lower, but theres some major optomism :)

Vanilla Sky
02-04-2005, 08:16 PM
yeah, i read about that on HT... i still don't like thier big brake kits... i'll stay with cheapie rotors and good pads...

Oldblueaccord
02-04-2005, 09:53 PM
yeah, i read about that on HT... i still don't like thier big brake kits... i'll stay with cheapie rotors and good pads...

Im a little on the fence 12.0" is a large rotor . But I like running my 15" right now so I might call Summit see if they got any left over for a deal I'd take em.
I think I could work up a better caliper deal in the future too.

wp

Oldblueaccord
02-14-2005, 01:47 PM
Im a little on the fence 12.0" is a large rotor . But I like running my 15" right now so I might call Summit see if they got any left over for a deal I'd take em.
I think I could work up a better caliper deal in the future too.

wp

I called Summit there discontinued they say. SO no deals there.

wp

Hash_man_Se_i
02-14-2005, 02:45 PM
The thing I really don't get with this kit, is sure its a 12" rotor, but you are using the stock caliper, so isn't the contact patch between the two the exact same? except now you have more unsprung weight because of the bigger rotor, and relocation of the caliper?!...

IMHO, how does this improve breaking at all? wouldn't some good brembo rotors, good pads, ss lines, and new fluid be just as good, or even better.

Oldblueaccord
02-14-2005, 03:49 PM
The thing I really don't get with this kit, is sure its a 12" rotor, but you are using the stock caliper, so isn't the contact patch between the two the exact same? except now you have more unsprung weight because of the bigger rotor, and relocation of the caliper?!...

IMHO, how does this improve breaking at all? wouldn't some good brembo rotors, good pads, ss lines, and new fluid be just as good, or even better.

brake sweep area. more surface area on a 12' disc.Think farther around. I never use them so i dunno how well they work.

wp

RobT5580
02-14-2005, 06:17 PM
I will say first hand it brakes better. At first i was skeptical but when i took my kit off and put it back on i really noticed it. And better calipers would be great but that will be one of the last things i do to my accord. Its to bad the kits are so expensive.

guaynabo89
02-15-2005, 12:36 PM
I will say first hand it brakes better. At first i was skeptical but when i took my kit off and put it back on i really noticed it. And better calipers would be great but that will be one of the last things i do to my accord. Its to bad the kits are so expensive.

Agreed

Definately a noticable difference

SQ is the SQUAD
02-24-2005, 06:32 AM
i still got mins sitting in my basement. i sold my rims so i might buy some lightweight 15's or 16's, i am not sure if they will work with my new rims.

JeremyL
03-04-2005, 01:49 PM
even tho the contact patch is the same it will work better because the caliper is positioned further from the center of the rotor so the brake torque is increased requiring less pedal pressure and thus a firmer pedal feel as well as with the increased area better resistance to fade. i would seriously doubt that anyone would "need" to replace the caliper as im sure it woudl stop the car consistently just fine

Oldblueaccord
03-13-2005, 12:57 AM
This is the only price i can find. There better pics on tirerack.com but they dont list any kits or prices its called Power slot plus system. Its in there new cat. i got today. Black coated. There also selling cyro treated now too.

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/performance/index.php?brand=power_slot&brand_part=brake_disc_kit&brand_make=ho&brand_model=civic&brand_year=1993

wp