PDA

View Full Version : hmm stupid question but how do you change your headlights? lol..

87lxaccord
02-05-2005, 01:25 PM
ive been driving aruond with only one head light for a while.. and now..i want to change it lol.. how do i do this? it looks realy complicated lol...

Mike's89AccordLX
02-05-2005, 01:32 PM
A phillips screwdriver is all you need.

leia
02-05-2005, 01:40 PM
Wow something I know how to do!

Flip up the headlight, use screwdriver to remove plastic cover. TIP: don't do this at night & lose one of the 4 screws under the headlight! (yeah....stupid me).
Once that is off, remove the little metal ring around the glass. There are 4 possible screws....2 of which aim the headlight (avoid these unless you wanna redirect it), the others come right out & take the plastic over off. The headlight should lift out, unplug the wire connection in the back, plug the new one in.
Replace metal rim, replace plastic.
Drive happy w/ 2 working headlights.

88accordhb
02-05-2005, 02:16 PM
yah get a new sylvana light from your auto parts store, they're like 13-14 bucks each. like mike said phillip screw driver is all you need and it takes about 3mins to do.

AccordNut
02-05-2005, 03:39 PM
might i suggest go for an h4 conversion, instead of having a sealed beam you could have the brightest lights on the market. dont get a sylvania, although brighter than stock its not hid by any means. look an ebay and hook yourself up, you will be happy with the results