PDA

View Full Version : windshield haze...

racerx
02-05-2005, 03:14 PM
You know that haze that develops in the inside of your windshield, and makes the sun and other lights all blurry?
IT'S DRIVING ME NUTS!!!!

I have to wipe my friggin windshield off every other day to see. What can I do to stop this?!

I use armor all for the upholstry on the dash, and I hear that's the cause, but is there any easy way to prevent this?

HondaBoy
02-05-2005, 04:10 PM
so what you have is like a film of sorts making it difficult to see through the window? yes? if so, i used the Stoner brand product called invisible glass. i've pretty much tired all products for cleaning windows and this one is one of the best i've used. for my windows i use wadded up news paper to wipe with. it works better than towels and doesnt leave grease or soap film. for tinted windows i will use a very fluffy terry cloth towel. i've found this product at all auto parts stores and Wal-mart. also works well at getting the film left on windows after smoking, worked in my moms car for that.
http://www.theporman.com/catalog/images/invisible%20glass4.gif.jpg

racerx
02-06-2005, 07:30 PM
awesome. thanks.
yeah, I'm talking about that hazy layer of... something. It forms on the inside of the windshield and drives me friggin nuts!

I wipe it off (with a napkin or sleeve) and all I get is directional streaks... I have to be carefull to wipe it vertically otherwise I'll get all sorts of glares from the sun and street lights.

I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

MrBen
02-06-2005, 09:29 PM
yeah windshield cleaner like that works wonders. Used to piss me off too.

MIK3
02-07-2005, 01:05 PM
lol. Just don't use windex. That stuff sucks at cleaning windows. I recommend:

http://shop.eriecotton.com/SPRAYWAY%20%20TOWELS2.jpg

SprayAway Glass Cleaner. I think it's more or less the same thing as the Stoner stuff.

BlueBead
02-08-2005, 03:14 AM
yeah, the chemicals in the armorall vaporize in heat and stick to the glass.... sometimes disintegtrating ventilations systems do that too.
I'm with MIK3 on the sprayaway.. just don't breathe it. I used to use it all of the time when I was a custom picture framer.... it doesn't leave a streak, (but use fine fiber towels like blank newspaper or finer). Its a big can, and not really cheap, so the stoner stuff might be a better bet if you like the empire of evil (wallieworld)

DBMaster
02-09-2005, 07:59 PM
Do you smoke, or does anyone else smoke in the car. That will form a haze inside the windshield pretty quickly, too. I just wipe the inside wih my damp chamois whenever I wash the car and I avoid using protectants of any kind. UV blocking window tint and a windshield screen in the summer have kept the dash quite nice for 16 years.

Maybe RainX anit-fog would help, too?

3gn86lxi
02-09-2005, 08:23 PM
We only use the Sprayway, in fact we have our name put on the cans. We will Buy 25 cases or more at a time. (I work for a nationwide autoglass company ;) )
Sprayway is the best glass cleaner ever.

MIK3
02-09-2005, 08:40 PM
Hey, only the best, for the best...I always say.

Justin86
02-09-2005, 10:29 PM
cut back on the armor all, and problem solved. I used it alot before but really who else see's it?

snow_man_20
02-10-2005, 12:16 AM
i use stoner glass cleaner or armor all glass cleaner, and nolonger use rain-x, that shit makes my glass so hazy on nice days. If it's not raining that stuff is crap. I also found that trying to wipe off moisture on the inside makes it worse my g/f does that and it drives me nuts. The defrost should take care of it in most cases.

w00tw00t111
02-11-2005, 05:28 PM
i use stoner glass cleaner or armor all glass cleaner, and nolonger use rain-x, that shit makes my glass so hazy on nice days. If it's not raining that stuff is crap. I also found that trying to wipe off moisture on the inside makes it worse my g/f does that and it drives me nuts. The defrost should take care of it in most cases.

Man I love Rain X that stuff is the best. When it's raining that is.

Hash_man_Se_i
02-11-2005, 09:01 PM
Use meguiars on the Dash and your problem will be solved. I used to use Armorall but the heat makes it do that, plus over time, it wears the dash badly. I started using meguiars gold class wipes, they work wonders.

racerx
02-12-2005, 11:46 AM
awesome! glad to hear there's an alternative to evaporating armor all.
also, no I don't smoke, and I never let anyone smoke in my car.

thanks for all the input. i'll be cleaning that today.