PDA

View Full Version : Bad shift linkage?

pendejo
02-07-2005, 07:41 PM
I pulled into 7-Eleven today, shifted into first and grind it(my clutch cable is fucked and needs replaced, again!). Then when I go to leave I put it in reverse just fine, try shifting into first and I can't find it! No forward gears whatsoever! There's no grinding or anything, but I can't push the shifter over or back very far now. So it's stuck in reverse and I'm thinking the shift linkage is bent/broke, but want some other peoples opinions on it. How difficult is this to replace?

AccordEpicenter
02-07-2005, 08:13 PM
10 min if you can get the bolts out easy

pendejo
02-07-2005, 09:17 PM
:bow:

AccordEpicenter
02-07-2005, 09:49 PM
make sure your torque rod isnt fuct... mine was getting real loose and i was missing gears left and right

pendejo
02-07-2005, 09:54 PM
Yea, I'm gonna go over both tommorow then hit up the J/Y. It almost feels like it was just disconnected, I can feel something moving up and down when I try to shift. Unfortunately it's to dark to see anything right now.

pendejo
02-08-2005, 12:37 PM
Ha, the bolt that holds the torque rod to the tranny popped out, that's it :uh: Anyone know what size that bolt is? I was about to tow this thing to the junkyard because of all the crap that keeps breaking, kinda glad I didn't though.

danronian
02-08-2005, 02:33 PM
Mine was half broke and then when I torqued it it broke off in the tranny. Luckily the thing came right out somehow. You could try taking the bolt to the parts store where they should be able to match you up with a bolt that should work. Otherwise go to the J/y and pocket a few and use the best one.

pendejo
02-08-2005, 03:39 PM
Ouch, hope mine didn't break off in the tranny. I don't have the bolt, it fell out somewhere. Can you tell me the head size on it? The local yard has a shitty selection of tools to use and I ain't luggin my whole box out there, since he has 3rd gens in the very back of the lot!

EricW
02-08-2005, 09:05 PM
It is just one of the 10mm bolts that is used everywhere else on the car but if your bolt fell out you may want to make sure the washers are still there. I also over torqued this bolt and had to spend like half an hour plus trying to get it out. You can see it in the bottom of this pic. There is a washer on the inside of the bushing and the large on on the outsid with a small one on the bolt. Hope this helps. also look at the shop manual it has a good pic of the assembly on page 14-32.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/673000-673999/673064_11_full.jpg