PDA

View Full Version : Need help removing interior from car

Arseassin
02-08-2005, 12:04 PM
Hey guys, I've recently started painting alot of the vinyl in my car, and so far I've had no trouble, painted alot of the vinyl around the doors, pulled the carpeting, vinyl, and brakelight thing out of the back windshield and painted them all, looking very good atm, but I'm running into a roadblock when I get to the dash...

Could anyone either post a guide, or tell me where I can get a guide to remove the dash and all the pieces of vinyl in the front?

Also, if anyone could describe to me how to pull the seats out of the car, that would be a big help so I could go ahead and start spraying parts of the carpeting in my car.

Thanks.

SteveDX89
02-08-2005, 12:14 PM
The seats are easy. They are bolted down at the 4 corners. Pretty sure they are 14 mm. Look down below the cushion in the front and you'll 2 that face toward the back of the car. On the back side, you have to pull covers off each one. The bolt into the floor.

Arseassin
02-08-2005, 12:15 PM
Ahh, ok, thanks man

BlueBead
02-08-2005, 04:43 PM
check this thread and I'd highly recommend downloading the manual from pauls site while he still has his 3G
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=28869&highlight=dash+removal

http://www.pauldesign.ru/honda/shopmanual.html
I'd go with the PDF format if you have acrobat.. its much easier to get around in.

Good luck, and post the hardest parts in taking off the dash.. I'm going to be doing the same thing soon and will want to know how it went.

HondaBoy
02-09-2005, 10:58 AM
i'd just reccommend getting an repair manual from the auto parts store or something. that's what i got. the dash is fairly simple IMO. you might want to have a friend help you when pulling the dash out of the car if you dont have too much upper body strength. i got mine out by myself, and back in. but it would have been nice to have someone hold it in certain spots. anyway, i tried to get the top vinal part of my dash off, but had no luck. i taped off the sections to do it evenly while it was out of the car.

thegreatdane
02-09-2005, 02:39 PM
The dash is really easy to get out and back in, the only thing that might slow you down a bit is when you have to take out the clock so you can get to the bolt behind it. Those clocks can sit pretty tight sometimes. Follow the instructions in the manual on removing the dash, and you can get it out pretty fast.
And you can easily lift it out and back in by yourself. Unless you're really weak, haha :D

Arseassin
02-09-2005, 03:28 PM
Heh, well last night I pulled off the interior of the driver side door and sprayed and detailed everything on it, looks goregus btw, black with a little silver, but when I went to put the sob back in, somethin is wrong with it, it sets about a quarter inch too far towards the back, so I had to angle all the screws to get them back in, and now the little plastic piece around the door handle and locking mechanism just kinda floats over the vinyl, I'm thinking mabye the paint shrunk the vinyl down some, because all of the clips on the backside of the plastic are hooked in, but it still hangs off of the soft vinyl about 1/6 of an inch