PDA

View Full Version : Idle Quiz

hkplayer
02-09-2005, 08:02 AM
Hey Guys, I havent read through the threads lately so I hope this isnt a repeat post - here is something that may be of interest to you regarding how long to idle in cold weather etc...

Honestly, I dont know if I complete agree with this but others will surely.

http://www.resourceconservation.mb.ca/gci/pages/idling_quiz.html

b8er
02-09-2005, 08:37 AM
o im tottaly calling bullsh!t on question 7 in that quiz, it says that restarting a car a bunch of times is hard on the starters and other components? i pick true and it told me i was wrong, i think they are wrong, if it wasnt hard and bad for the starter then they wouldnt break on you, all the starter is used for is turning over the eninge and that is also when the most current is drawen from the battery, turning over a car for a long time that doesnt wanna run ( ie. bad spark, no fuel ) will kill your battery in no time at all. i believe a battery would fall under the "other components" part of the question. this is what i believe and if im am way off here plz let me know cause them im just a rambeling idiot,lol

hkplayer
02-09-2005, 10:51 AM
i think its hard on the parts but am no "expert"

87AccordsterLx
02-09-2005, 11:22 AM
Good example of some enviromental propoganda. Save The Trees!!!!!

Read what it says under Question 1 in the intro. "This materal has been slightly adapted from a quiz distributed from the Office of Energy Efficiency"

Slightly?? How about compleatly....

87accordlxi
02-09-2005, 11:25 AM
I let my car idle for 10-15 minutes in the morning to warm up :kekeke:

88eyeguy
02-09-2005, 01:03 PM
oh no! the sky is falling! :nervous: hang on while i go hug a tree :bowrofl:

MIK3
02-10-2005, 08:47 PM
Yeah, I live in AZ and I have to warm up for 5 mintues before I'm at good take off idle. I don't think this quiz applies to carbureted vehicles...and that it's partial to the environment, yes.

A20A1
02-10-2005, 08:57 PM
The people that know probably don't give a shiat and the people that don't are better off with a list of examples to lessen waste and pollution rather then taking a test.

I know while I was in Germany my sister was telling me about a law or something that you're not allowed/supposed to let the car idle too long.

snow_man_20
02-10-2005, 11:58 PM
The people that know probably don't give a shiat and the people that don't are better off with a list of examples to lessen waste and pollution rather then taking a test.

I know while I was in Germany my sister was telling me about a law or something that you're not allowed/supposed to let the car idle too long.

Yeah i have heard of the too. I thought it was a china law.

hkplayer
02-11-2005, 07:39 AM
not a japan law?

87AccordsterLx
02-11-2005, 09:40 AM
Definitley not a law in China... I lived there for several months so I can attest first hand. I would say that it would be a law in Japan if anything.