PDA

View Full Version : I feel stupid

Yuu89LXi
02-09-2005, 01:10 PM
Anyone ever locked yourself out of your 3gee? How about lock yourself out of it while it's running?!

Mine is outside running right now and I can't get into it!

The spare key is an hour drive from here.

Everyone... Point and laugh... I sure am. LoL, I love irony... but I want my keys back!

Vinny
02-09-2005, 01:22 PM
nothing to be ashamed of I'm sure most of us have accidentally locked our keys in the car.

My father locked the keys in my Thunderbird when it was running with my daughter in the back seat. It was about 7 or so years ago when it happened. I started the car to go home, strapped her in, and he closed the door. He didnt know the doors locked automatically after so many minutes. We called a locksmith and it was all fixed in less than 20 minutes. Insurance even paid for it under roadside emergency

blazin3gen
02-09-2005, 01:24 PM
Anyone ever locked yourself out of your 3gee? How about lock yourself out of it while it's running?!

Mine is outside running right now and I can't get into it!

The spare key is an hour drive from here.

Everyone... Point and laugh... I sure am. LoL, I love irony... but I want my keys back!

you should feel stupid

hahaha jk bro, it happens to the best of us :)

Yuu89LXi
02-09-2005, 01:40 PM
Holy !@#$#@ !!!!!!!!

Ok, so it chooses Right now within 5 min. for it to blow up... The thing made a loud BOOM! And Coolent was Everywhere!

I paniced and Grabbed a screwdriver, pryed my drivers side window out, unlocked it and shut it off before it overheated too badly. (I really wouldn't want a blown head gasket or anything.)

Yeah.... so I checked it out... what are the chances of the lower radiator hose popping off at idle within a few minutes like that?!!? At at the perfect moment when I locked myself out of the car with it running?

Dr._8t9LX
02-09-2005, 01:44 PM
Dude!!! Bad Luck Day!!!.....The Stars are not lined up for you today......Stay indoors, don't go anywhere, do not use power tools or sharp knives, and just sit on couch and watch TV tell tommorrow.

Yuu89LXi
02-09-2005, 01:47 PM
I can't believe it! It's insane! and I was just going to head over to the autoparts store to pick up my new h4 conversion!

blazin3gen
02-09-2005, 01:54 PM
wow hate to say it but glad u locked yourself out haha or it could of been worse over heated the shit and busted the head gasket!

Yuu89LXi
02-09-2005, 01:59 PM
No, if I wasn't locked out I could have shut it off sooner! any longer and it would have gotten hotter.

BlueBead
02-09-2005, 02:32 PM
If you were driving you might not have noticed it in time... I'd say a mixed blessing type of day..

NXRacer
02-09-2005, 02:43 PM
do you know anybody with an accord? 9 out of 10 times, other accord keys work in just about any car. Its unfortunate because peeps can steal cars easier, but sometimes it can save you in a jam like that.

Strugglebucket
02-09-2005, 02:52 PM
coat hanger or a piece of welding rod. very easy to slide through the top of the window and pull the lock up on our cars. i know because i've locked myself out and broke back in many a time.

Yuu89LXi
02-09-2005, 03:39 PM
NXRacer:
dont know anyone with a key that matches mine... I've checked :)

Strugglebucket:
Thats what I ended up doing, Mine is sealed up pretty good, but in my panic I forced the screwdriver to pry out the window enough to get a coathanger in...

Man... I'm tired... I'm at work while all this happens... and I got overloaded with alot of work... I just finished in remarkable time... but now I'm exhausted... and after work I still have to fix my car up (put the lower radiator hose back on, refill the radiator, etc.) Drive over to the autoparts store and pick up my h4 conversion (which they just called to tell me they have ready), Go to my wednesday Accounting class... ughh...

Vanilla Sky
02-09-2005, 03:46 PM
yeah, i'm even mroe stupider

i had a vacuum check valve in the wrong way... car almost wouldn't run... replaced a few parts and it still ran like ass... friend came over and said 'check valve is on backwards," we fixed it, and it runs good now...

i haven't locked keys in a car in a long time... it's been like 12 years, seriously... knock on wood...

88accordhb
02-09-2005, 04:53 PM
happens to the best of us...hope everything turned out ok.

accordlxi2.0
02-09-2005, 06:14 PM
oh man the same thing happened with me, and this was before the alarm.

i pull into the lot, get out slighty closed the door because our cars has that feature where the drivers door won't lockplus all of the other doors were unlocked to.

i was checking out something from under hood closed it.

go to reach for my door and what do i see and hear....the wirring sound of the motors and the doors locking......
while the car was running.

that shit was like a christine moment right there......
but i know how ya feel homey.

88accordalltheway
02-09-2005, 06:23 PM
yeah, ive locked my keys in my car before, but never when it was running..... yeah im really lucky because i have this special card thing that i keep in my wallet and its a cut out of my key.... I just bust out that thing every time...

leia
02-09-2005, 06:53 PM
At least it was all resolved.

I can't say I've ever locked myself out of my car. With the Accord & my old VW Fox, you seriously would have to try. The driverside lock on the VW was EVIL, you had to do it just right or the key gets stuck in the lock.

Luckily I got a spare key made for at school ($3 at the local Honda dealer), and I have the vallet key at home.

Our '94 Maxima.......its a miracle that we don't lock ourselves out of that one daily! Hit either of the front door locks, all doors lock. Somehow I never locked myself out of that...must be pure luck.

Yuu89LXi
02-09-2005, 07:02 PM
Damn!

It seems like I might not have gotten to it on time after the hose blow off... I might have overheated it...

The car is running like crap, the engine revs up and down, crap coming from the tailpipe.... did I blow the head gasket?!

blazin3gen
02-09-2005, 08:10 PM
Damn!

It seems like I might not have gotten to it on time after the hose blow off... I might have overheated it...

The car is running like crap, the engine revs up and down, crap coming from the tailpipe.... did I blow the head gasket?!

damn that sucks check the oil see if theirs water in it, see if u see any bubles when u take the dipstic out

3gn86lxi
02-09-2005, 10:13 PM
Funny.....I locked my keys in the car tonight at my wifes work. And of course she hasn't got a key to my car!! I have AAA though, I was in in 20 miniutes :) .
Lucky for me......AAA just paid for itself again!

accordlxi2.0
02-10-2005, 06:15 AM
Damn!

dude, my car overheated quite a few times...so i doubt that.

Vanilla Sky
02-10-2005, 07:03 AM
if your motor is doing that, then you probably blew the headgasket...

it's an easy fix on these cars, though...

Yuu89LXi
02-10-2005, 09:05 AM
Lucky me... It was running like crap becase it was practically out of oil.... Fixed that and it started running fine again.... I dont know WHAT was up with the tailpipe... but it stopped. Everything is clear.

Whenever something is wrong with the car (almost out of gas, almost out of oil, ECU malfunction, almost anything) My car starts running wierd and the engine revs up and down... it's like an alert to tell me I need to fix something, and it stops once it's fixed.
I love that... do your 3gees do the same?

hondamanlxi
02-10-2005, 09:49 AM
No, mine spins bearings, breaks axles, and grenades trannys! thats how i know somethings wrong:)

Yuu89LXi
02-10-2005, 11:43 AM
grenades trannys

LoL I like the mental image I have with that... though I would hate to see it happen for real.

Really... I was wondering if that was a trait of the 3gee... I figured it was like an odd safety feature to alert you that something was wrong...

Now I'm really curious... is mine unique in this or does anyone elses do something like this?

accordlxi2.0
02-10-2005, 07:04 PM
my lx-i did the same..or somewhat.

all of the 3g i owned were VERY patient, till i was able to fix it.
thats one thing i like about these cars i beat the hell out of all of em' and they took it (my lx still takes it)

TJ89Accord
02-10-2005, 07:11 PM
A kid I used to work with locked his keys in his car, with it running, in drive... Yes, in drive... It was just chillin up against the curb. lol.

tim