PDA

View Full Version : Head Unit Trim

'89AccordLX(Rus)
02-10-2005, 01:21 PM
Hello,

I have recently installed a Kenwood KDC-9015 head unit and cannot find a suitable trim piece to cover up the 1/4" gap between the head unit's face and the dash cutout. The trim pieces I bought have an inner cutout larger than the head unit (which seems to be a standard DIN) and as a result don't work. What can the 3geez audio gurus recommend in this case? Are there different sizes for DIN trim pieces? Thanks in advance for any input.

hondamanlxi
02-10-2005, 01:59 PM
almost any cd player ring will work, unfortunatly they dont all clip in. You may be stuck glueing it on or something.

HostileJava
02-10-2005, 02:00 PM
Is it a new HU? Usually they come with a trim piece to go around them.

'89AccordLX(Rus)
02-10-2005, 07:18 PM
The head unit, which is not new, came with a plastic trim plate that clips on to the head unit chassis. The cut out in my dash, however, is about 1/4" larger all around than the trim on the radio. I visited a local audio shop and the only thing they had was a set of different thickness trim rings. The package states: "Set of 4 DIN E Trim Rings" The radio is a standard DIN, but what does that E signify in the part description? The 1/4" trim ring in the set would have fit perfectly if it wasn't too large. This trim piece has an inner cutout that is larger than the head unit face trim (which is even all around with the DIN cage) which makes it impossible to install in the gap around the stereo.

Here are the dimensions for the unit: 182mm x 53mm (W x H)

Thanks for the responses.