PDA

View Full Version : how did you wire your door lock actuator

gsus
02-11-2005, 12:13 PM
ok so im going to put power locks in my car... and i know how to install the actuator... i just don know how or what to wire it to?
its only has 2 wires (posite & negative i guess)
can anybody help?
thanx in advance
gsus

gsus
02-17-2005, 02:11 PM
a lil help? :D
maybe some visual will help?...

http://www.12vp.com/dlp62w_L.jpg
http://www.miata.net/garage/lockkit.jpg

any help would be great, thanx again
gsus

BITESIZE
02-17-2005, 02:27 PM
Personally, i would run a new line to the battery or fuse box...you could probably hook it up to any powered wire in the door, and ground it to the chassis, but It would be better to run a new line to a new source of power In my opinion.

gsus
02-17-2005, 05:50 PM
okay here is the thing if i hook up a pos (+) to the green wire and the neg (-) to the blue wire the actuator pulls back... but if i reverse it (pos (+) to the blue wire & neg (-) to the green wire) the actuator pushes out... how would i go about wiring this?
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid158/pc14a4f2c7d9c6667db28d457e078712b/f517a8e0.jpg

will i be needing relays?

would i be able to use these switches that i have? similar to the ones for the alarm valet buttons (it only gets power while you hold down the button)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid158/paa03f06f273f3b45b86f658ccc7361bb/f517a48b.jpg

i should add... i will be putting an alarm in this car later... but right now i just want the doors to lock and unlock with those switches. but once i get the alarm i want to be able to have both features of keyless entry & the lock and unlock buttons aswell... is this even possible?

thanx again
-gsus

HostileJava
02-17-2005, 08:15 PM
You should really just add a keyless entry system to the car and use that to control the actuators rather then mount little switches everywhere.

gsus
02-17-2005, 08:21 PM
well i was only gonna use 2 switches (lock & unlock) :D... but it's going to be a while before i get the alarm... since the alarm is going in near fall (when i get to drive the car and put my baby [mr2} in storage for the winter :))... thats when the sounds will be going in :rockon:

AQcz
02-20-2005, 08:39 PM
You should really just add a keyless entry system to the car and use that to control the actuators rather then mount little switches everywhere.

That's the way I went.

When the car starts the doors lock, when the car turns off the doors unlock. No need for switches. Especially if you have a coupe.

RobT5580
02-21-2005, 06:22 AM
Yeah you need to wire up two relays one for the "lock" and the other to "un-lock". You can get them at Radio Shack. I dont have the diagram but its easy to hook up and im sure there is one online.

gsus
02-21-2005, 07:50 AM
Yeah you need to wire up two relays one for the "lock" and the other to "un-lock". You can get them at Radio Shack. I dont have the diagram but its easy to hook up and im sure there is one online.

well thanx for the help guys, i'll try figure it this weekend
-gsus

SephirXV
03-30-2005, 03:10 PM
You can't lock or unlock the driver side without pulling about halfway up on the door handle. How do you get around that? Is there a way to disable that function altogether? I find it annoying, and if I put in keyless entry, then I plan to keep the fob in my pocket, seperate from the keys. Then can always unlock, even w/ keys in ignition.
So to anyone who has a working keyless on a hatch, how did you do it?

gsus
03-30-2005, 04:20 PM
why would you want to lock the doors when the door is open? you do know you can lock and unlock the drivers side door when its closed without having to pull the lever, right?

but i'm also curios if there is a way around this...? (i still haven't gotten my alarm, and have been spending money on my other baby:)... so nothing has gone in the accord yet :()

carotman
03-30-2005, 07:32 PM
Can't the sedan actuators work on a coupe?

HostileJava
03-30-2005, 08:15 PM
Can't the sedan actuators work on a coupe?

Possibly, but don't the sedan locks go up and down and the coupe locks go left and right.