PDA

View Full Version : Twin Turbo

gfrg88
02-11-2005, 08:34 PM
i was just wondering a little while ago, is it possible to put a make our cars twin turbo?
or should i say does anyone know of any 3geez with twin turbos??

I know there isnt a lot of room for two turbos but you never know anything is possible thats why i'm asking this. :cool:

NXRacer
02-11-2005, 08:40 PM
i know of a guy who built a twin turbo b18 motor. it ran ok and put out some decent dyno numers, but their final thoughts was that it wasnt worth it. you could get just as much power, with one. every thing is easier to do, and its less complicated, so there really arent any reasons why you'd want to twin turbo the a20.

TT's are for bigger motors that are pushing more volumes of air thru more and bigger cylinders. a single turbo on the a20 will do everything you'll want it to do.

88accordhb
02-11-2005, 08:57 PM
yah like caleb said, our motors are prolly most efficient with ST's. it might be able to handle TT on low boost, but the point of TT if for massive power gain which i don't think the 2 liter 4-stroker can handle. ST would be ideal for a nice set up. pretty sure no one has tried TT on an accord.

drop the rx7 TT motor in. hahahahaha.

gfrg88
02-11-2005, 09:04 PM
just to let you guys know, i'm not trying to run TT on my car i was just wondering if anyone has trid it on our accords.

AccordEpicenter
02-11-2005, 09:58 PM
no but you could get good results with 2x IHI RHB5 turbos... but the extra plumbing and effort to get it to work makes it a real pain... A bigger single turbo would be better concidering that this is an inline 4 efficiency wise and complexity wise. It can be done with good results though

HondaBoy
02-14-2005, 11:26 AM
i'd think for a driveable car, that would just be a waste to TT it. wouldnt that have a hell of a lag? maybe on top revs it could work nice. you dont even really see a TT set up on drag 4 cylinder engines. really, anythings possible to do for our engines, just some things arent worth doing. and considering the traction problems for our cars with extra power, considering the power made when the TT's would boost, it would be quite rediculous.

AccordEpicenter
02-14-2005, 12:28 PM
wouldnt that have a hell of a lag?

2x IHI RHB5s would spool up and have less lag than my T3 60/63 does, but id bet my 60/63 will have a better top end. You could make more power with one turbo than the TT and have much less of a headache on the install with a single turbo also, but then again, going around saying you have a twin turbo accord would just pwn everyone

86LXItooFAST4me
02-14-2005, 01:23 PM
i was going to say, dont all the TT guys swap to a big single t88 or something like that? i know all the supra and rx7 guys do.

AccordEpicenter
02-14-2005, 01:35 PM
yes, its more efficient for big power and simplifies installation etc

ropponmatsu
02-14-2005, 02:03 PM
well,
if its top speed your after then go with one huge turbo but if your like me and you would rather fast acceleration then try to go with two small turbos. Dont know if it would be easy but i think it would be worth it :lol:

Elijah
02-14-2005, 03:58 PM
I think its a waste of time. You want boost and something quick out of the hole do a build get some nice manegment a t3/t4 and a 35 shot to spool. Twin turbo is a waste IMO. If it was a good idea do you think people with tt supras and RX7's would be swapping for one turbo?