PDA

View Full Version : HomeMade Flamethrower Exhuast

w00tw00t111
02-11-2005, 10:08 PM
Hey you guys. I wasn't quite sure were I should post this so Mod's if you need to move it go ahead.
I was talking to an "old timer" at my church and he was telling me what they use to do "back in the day". He said that they would run the carb a little rich. They would then wire a switch to a spark plug that was set inside the end of the exaust pipe. He said that when he would push the swith it would should flames. Kinda like the autoloc flame thrower. I was thinking of pros and cons and here's what I came up with.
Cons:
Gas mileage goes down
Illegal (if caught)

Pros:
Really cool lookin'
When the peeps at school make fun of my "old school whip" I shoot the flames and then they would be like what the heck.

I really wanted to try it just to try it. Didn't figure it would be that hard and seemed pretty inexpensive mod.

Here are my questions:
First how do you run our carbs rich? Do you take the black thing off and then take a phillips head and turn it?
If so which way do you turn it to go rich?
The second is when I run the wire to the back is there one side that I should run it on. I ask because when I was talking about wiring my amps they said to wire it opposite of the main power line. Should I do this also?

Thanks for your responses.

A20A1
02-11-2005, 10:24 PM
to run the carb rich you can do a few things but nothing worke better then upgrading the pump IMO

1) You can adjust the float level ( Not recommended cause it can cause gas leaks due to the old O-ring seals breaking inside the valve )

2) You can turn out the A/F screw which will help low speed mixutre and make it richer

3) You can remove the air jet controller and plug the ports on the carb associated with it... vacuum lines A, B, And C

4) You can choke the carb barrel by adding material to the outer edge of the boosters... with fatter booster venturies you should be able to restrict the air but it should pull out loads more gas in the center.

5) You could redrill the jets... not recommended if you don;t know which ones to drill and how to drill.

I have no idea what they are talking about... I think you split up the wires to decrease interference... I dunno.

There is a how-to on the board for doint the flaming exhaust... and few members have already done it.

A20A1
02-11-2005, 10:28 PM
The air jet contorller removal and plug is the easiest thing to do and it's the easiest to undo.... so you can go back to stock

also you can plug the vacuum line #14... place a vacuum cap on the #14 port on the carb and then plug the #14 vacuum line that went to the port so it doesn't leak vacuum.

I would refrain form turning screws just yet.

88accordhb
02-11-2005, 10:31 PM
has been done, with vids.

A20A1
02-11-2005, 10:33 PM
Here is the link to the flaming exhaust thread

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=6796

w00tw00t111
02-12-2005, 02:25 PM
Here is the link to the flaming exhaust thread

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=6796

Thanks you guys!!!